Machine Learning (ML) has been part of Amazon’s strategy since the early years. We are pioneers in areas such as recommendation engines, product search, eCommerce fraud detection, and large-scale optimization of fulfillment center operations. Carrying forward this focus, the Amazon ML Solutions Lab (MLSL) team helps AWS customers accelerate the use of machine learning and deep learning to achieve business goals, solve operational challenges, and promote innovation in their organization.
MLSL is looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager for External Services who possesses a unique balance of business expertise, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) depth, and excellent interpersonal skills. This role will focus on strategically working with customers across industries to encourage their use of AWS AI/ML and enhance their business or operational outcomes.
The MLSL works with AWS’ largest and most strategic enterprise customers to help drive the adoption of ML/AI to deliver business results. This position helps customers identify, prioritize, and build solutions to address their organization’s highest return-on-investment ML opportunities and delivering results.
The ideal candidate will have experience working as a management consultant, ML practitioner, product manager, sales engineer, analytics delivery lead, or industry executive and an appreciation of the advantages of cloud computing. They will possess both technical and customer-facing skills that will allow them to be the technical “face” of AWS for the MLSL. They will enjoy keeping their existing business and AI/ML skills honed and developing new ones, so they can make significant contributions to deep business discussions.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager for External Services, you will be responsible for:
· Owning the business and technical approach to drive customer adoption of AI/ML on the AWS platform
· Leading discussions with cross-functional teams on complex business and technical subjects to educate stakeholders on the value of AWS AI/ML, identify addressable business problems, and develop ML solutions designed to demonstrate the ability of ML to deliver results
· Building deep relationships with customers and account teams to enable them to be AWS AI/ML advocates
· Acting as a business liaison between customers, services, data scientists and account managers
· Authoring or otherwise contributing to AWS customer-facing publications such as narrative papers
· Willingness to travel to meet with customers (~40% of time)
*This role can be based in London, Luxembourg, Paris, or Berlin
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
· Bachelor's degree in a technical major (e.g., Math, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering), or comparable years of experience
· Several years of experience collecting requirements & describing software product features, technical designs, and product strategy in collaboration with peers, technical teams, and senior management
· Proven experience in leading external customer-facing presentations and meetings, such as discovery sessions or requirements gathering
· Proven ability to design and develop solutions to complex problems in a large scale enterprise environment with ML/AI
· Proven experience evangelizing technical solutions to drive customer adoption
· Masters degree (or European advanced degree equivalent) in Computer Science, or related technical, math, or scientific field
· Hands on experience building models with deep learning frameworks like PyTorch, Tensorflow, MXNet, Caffe, Theano or similar
· Several years of professional experience in an IT sales organization or an IT consulting role
· Business and technical understanding of cloud computing and/or AWS technologies
· Fluency in other European languages is a plus
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.