We are looking for experienced Senior Technical Program Managers to join Amazon Berlin Community Shopping team which is responsible for iconic Amazon products such as Customer Reviews, Wish Lists, as well as many emerging products such as Follow, which allows customers to connect with their favorite authors, brands, and reviewers. We are completely reinventing social shopping and looking for team members to build the next generation of experiences that help customers connect, discover, and purchase products they love.
You will work closely with product management, machine learning experts, and software development to deliver large programs. If you enjoy solving problems in a dynamic environment, seeing the impact you have right in the app used by millions of people daily, and influencing business and technical leaders with your creative solutions, we want to talk to you!
· Drive implementation and delivery of large-scale initiatives.
· Lead agile engineering and design teams to coordinate, prioritize and deliver to a daring roadmap
· Understand service interdependencies and lead cross-functional teams towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
· Clarify, prioritize and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability
· Articulate program goals, desired outcomes, risks/issues and mitigation plan clearly
· Support and enhance existing products with thoughtful and measurable impact
Scale at Amazon is, well, really big. There are few companies out there building at our scale and complexity, and even fewer in Europe. Our teams work together to solve challenging problems and deliver high quality solutions, with abundant opportunities to learn and experiment.
· Experience managing projects across global cross-functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedule
· 4+ years of technical program management experience
· 4+ years experience with complex technology projects involving data analysis, software engineering and program management
· Experience with agile methodologies
· 8+ years of technical program management experience
· 8+ years experience with complex technology projects involving data analysis, software engineering and program management
· 5+ years of relevant (software) engineering experience
· Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
· Experience with project delivery for large, cross functional projects
· Experience in building large-scale personalization and recommendation systems
· Experience in developing and deploying scalable machine learning applications
· Experience building and launching consumer software products for web, mobile or desktop platforms
· Ability to handle multiple priorities in an energizing environment
· Customer relationship skills including the ability to discover true requirements, underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet bold timelines with optimal solutions
· A deep understanding of the SDLC and consistent record of achieving program objectives on schedule, on budget and meeting quality criteria
· Strong sense of ownership and accountability for program success.
· Performance Tuning and Scalability Testing
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.