Schweiz, Aargau, Kaiseraugst
Schweiz, Basel-Stadt, Basel
At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives, and we are fearless in both making decisions and taking action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
The People Support Solutions (PSS) function brings its purpose to life by providing our colleagues worldwide with integrated HR solutions tailored to their needs. The PSS teams deliver customer service and advisory support to HR and business partners on global HR systems and processes, ensuring end-to-end process completion in line with our customer-focused principles. We are a team that works very closely together to ensure good employee relations, anticipate our customers' future needs, and proactively develop solutions.
- Support the People Support Solutions (PSS) onboarding program by collecting feedback on the newly launched tool; proposing and implementing improvements to the global program; and turn it into a sustainable solution. Participate in mini-sprints on team building and leadership development, take up actions and work resulting out of mini-sprints.
- Support the development of the PSS G-site learning platform by co-designing and making updates, with specific focus on user-experience design. Investigate research, vetting and branding of learning-, as well as additional materials and recommend ways of integration on platforms.
- Draft, plan, create and implement videos for our PSS core capabilities by collaborating with the communication team.
- Analyze the roll-out of core capabilities by collecting participants feedback, propose and implement improvements and turn it into a sustainable solution for the global program. Assist with the creation and running of virtual sessions, including the use of "Mural" for feedback collection.
You are an ambitious student who is currently, ideally, enrolled in a Communications, Business Administration or Graphic design degree, or in a gap year between degrees. Students in other related degrees may also apply.
- Interested and affine for people related topics
- A person with emotional intelligence and able to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically
- Bringing strong attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- Good at solving problems and working independently
- Proficient in English (other languages are a plus)
- Action oriented, reliable and customer centric
- Preferably experienced in User Experience (UX) design and Google-site
- Preferably bringing first experience in Learning & Development and/or Communications
- Motivation Letter (including desired start date)
- A certificate of enrollment (if you are currently studying)
- For non-EU/EFTA citizens: Certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory (required due to regulations)
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are dedicated to building a team that represents a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you still have questions, then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq
Tags: ROiQQ ROiBU ROiHR ROiCC ROiMK ROiTEC ROiBIs ROiDG ROiDIG