Adaptivity is an essential property for the connected world of tomorrow. Intelligent components can independently recognize changes in their environment or within themselves, assess them and take appropriate action. As business partner, Fraunhofer IIS/EAS develops key technologies for adaptive systems and offers innovative and robust solutions.
Within our interdisciplinary team you will be responsible for the design, modeling, simulation and characterization of IC thermal test structures in advanced technology nodes. Thermal effects are increasingly important within modern IC technologies as transistor spacing continuously decreases. Designers need to employ thermal models during the design process to avoid reliability issues e.g. due to electromigration. You will be working within a team that is building thermal models to simulate the temperature distribution within an IC. Those models need to be supported and validated by measurements on real silicon test structures.
- You are a student of Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Physics, Computer Science, or similar
- Knowledge of IC design with Cadence Virtuoso
- Familiar with Linux and command-line scripting
- Experience with IC characterization (optional)
- Exciting interdisciplinary topic in modern microelectronics
- Working with innovative key industry partners
- Open and friendly work atmosphere
- Flexible hours to balance your work and study activities
- Freedom to develop and implement your own ideas and develop your skills
Remuneration according to the general works agreement for employing assistant staff.
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Have we piqued your interest?
We look forward to receiving your complete and meaningful online application via our applicant management portal (PDF: cover letter, resume, most recent transcript of grades), quoting the reference number.