Integrating research with services the Department Testlab Mobile Security offers mobile security evaluation and assessment services to customers along the whole mobile economic value creation chain. It is the aim of the department to specifically answer the question of “But is it secure, too?” for mobile IT products, services and devices.
The student assistants will support practical and theoretical investigations of smartphone platforms, apps and ecosystems.
The student assistants will be integrated in internal projects targeting the following aspects:
- Reverse-engineering of platform security measures and mechanisms
- Design and implementation of automated testing tools
- App programming
- Investigations on security relevant mobile aspects
- Evaluation of emerging technologies and tools to detect, mitigate, triage, and remediate mobile software security defects
About the details of the task, please contact the specified contact person.
Subsequent bachelor and master theses in the field of smartphone security are possible.
Desired Skills and experience:
- independent and structured work
- basic knowledge in IT security and IT security relevant protocols
- basic knowledge of mobile OS concepts/ architectures
- be familiar with programming in C/C++ or Java
- iOS ord android programming are a plus
We can offer you:
- Interesting topic, flexible working hours, 40-80 hours/month
- Challenges with a connection to real-world problems
- Opportunity for Bachelor or Master thesis at a later date
- Either English or German communication
Matthias Ritscher, Fraunhofer SIT
Testlab Mobile Security