Computing services are in the process of disrupting the world’s financial paradigms. Literally every business has a need to bill and collect payments from their customers. The Commerce Platform enables customers to purchase products and services, generating billions of dollars in revenue. Our teams provide customers with a world class customer experience around managing, paying and reporting on invoices and payments. You will have the opportunity to influence hundreds of millions of customers globally, creating products used by thousands of companies worldwide, and contributing to the continued success and expansion of .
We are looking for System Development Engineers with a strong sense of ownership and passion for delivering creative solutions for complex problems at "Amazon ". We have high standards for our computer systems as well as our employees. Our systems are highly secure, highly reliable, highly available, and must function at a massive scale. Our employees are smart, driven to serve customers, and fun to work with. Successful systems development engineers do much more than plug computers together and track changes. They are experts at the operating-system level and are instrumental in building, deploying, operating, and scaling huge distributed systems that serve production workloads for AWS customers. You will collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry and work on some of the most complex challenges in large- computing.
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at , we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
· 2+ years of professional experience as a systems development engineer or in related occupations (systems administration, DevOps engineering, site reliability engineering, networking/automation)
· 1+ year(s) developing system management / automation software in Perl, Python, Ruby, or Java
· General understanding of computer science fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
· An understanding of computer networking fundamentals
· Experience in operating large-scale, highly available distributed systems or web services with a high degree of operational excellence
· Well-honed troubleshooting skills at various levels of complexity
· Experience in a 24/7 production environment
· Experience with relational and non-relational database systems
· Experience using AWS services
· Experience delivering projects in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills