- Create concepts, specifications and technical documentations for a temperature regulation system
- Responsible for the design & integration of the mechanical and electrical control devices into the rail vehicles
- Define procurement documentation, Type Testing and Commissioning documentation
- Support static and dynamic field testing of single rail cars and trains
- Interpret and incorporate local and federal as well as customer requirements into system design
- Take ownership of the design, documentation and function of sub-systems such as cables, connectors
- Responsible for performing FAI's for the designed systems, if necessary
- Responsible for the system testing and procedure definition
- Technical coordination with other disciplines (software development, installation planning, mechanical engineering, fire protection, etc.)
- Follow scheduling, budgetary goals and guidelines
- Creation of the system function overviews as a basis for the customer description documentation
Stadler has multiple contracts to deliver passenger rail vehicles to customers in the United States and Canada. To help fulfill this demand, we are looking to fill the following position in our Salt Lake City facility.
As an HVAC Systems/Thermodynamics Engineer, you will be a viable member of a team focused on creating highly efficient design plans for building state-of-the-art passenger trains.
- Bachelor's degree or Master Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering related to thermal dynamics
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in railway, defense, aerospace or equal
- Structured to manage integration of multiple projects, conduct testing and prepare all deliverables associated within the system
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities with strong teamwork skills
- Business fluent in English (German a plus) with experience in technical writing
- Experience in electrical design / mechanical electrical related design
- Experience with Schematic software (E.g E3 or ruplan)
- Experience with PLM system and ECN system (E.g Smartteam)
We provide an interesting and challenging position in an international, success-oriented company with national and international career opportunities. Extensive training, competitive salary, vacation time, 401K program are some of the great benefits Stadler offers.
Then do not miss out on this great opportunity - APPLY TODAY!
Stadler US Inc., Megan Ware, 5880 W 150 S,
Salt Lake City UT, 84104