- Code number: PDII-P-1614068581-E
- Entry level: Internship
- Location: Palo Alto
- Organization: Porsche Digital Inc.
We are looking for a talented User Research Intern to to join the Porsche Digital team in Palo Alto, CA. You will join a digital transformation team to inform the development of innovative, user-centric products and experiences.
As a user research intern, you will be able contribute your skills and passion for user research to a diverse team of designers, developers, and product managers who collaborate on inter-disciplinary projects that bring new concepts into the hands of Porsche customers. You will participate in and support a wide range of exciting qualitative, quantitative and usability research projects that help the team explore new spaces and evaluate product concepts, ultimately influencing important business and product decisions.
- Support all aspects of research projects, from project kick-off to reporting
- Proactiviely contribute ideas in research planning for meaningful outcomes
- Assist the development of research instruments including screeners, concepts, and discussion guides
- Coordinate participant scheduling for qualitative research projects
- Program, test, and coordinate the fielding of usability tests and surveys
- Survey data cleaning, open-end coding and preliminary analyses
- Conduct content analyses and video footage edits
- Assist the development of compelling reports which may involve the creation of interactive elements
- Conduct secondary research and competitive analyses
- Recent graduate or Junior/Senior pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Market Research, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Information Science or similar behavioral science diciplines at an accredited university.
- Available to work Monday – Friday for up to 40 hours a week
- Past experience conducting surveys or user research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research tools as well as user-centered design methodologies
- Ability to empathize with customer needs and develop actionable insights
- Past intern or work experience in user research
- Experience with Qualtrics and survey design
- Experiences working with usability testing platforms such as UserTesting.com, UserZoom
- Prior experience moderating UX research sessions
- Video or audio editing skills a plus
- Previous experience using advanced Excel functions including pivot tables and formulas
Porsche Digital is an equal opportunity employer and we take pride in our diversity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Porsche will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Porsche does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, family and medical leave status, military status, criminal conviction history, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.