Our Applications Engineer has overall responsibility for developing the educational market space in North America. They communicate and interact with academic institutions across North America to promote ZEISS IQS solutions as the tools of choice in manufacturing programs at all levels of academic institutions. Communication is performed through direct marketing, conferences and trade/skills shows such as: HTEC, ASPE, IMTS, etc.
- Develop and sell tailored solutions for individual educational institutions.
- Maintain relationship with prospective and existing schools in the program including maintaining Academic accounts in CRM.
- Promote the ZEISS Academic Program at conferences, trade shows and other events.
- Work with industry partners and certifying bodies (such as NIMS, SkillsUSA, NC3 and Project MFG) along with the ZEISS academic customer base to learn what additional content is needed for training for credentialing efforts and curricula and develops the training content.
- Work with the purchasing department at prospective educational customer sites to learn their sales process and ensure that sales may be completed
- Provide application guidance and curriculum development for new users (Instructors).
- Log feedback and tailor program adjustments to provide solution to the problem.
- Create marketing materials promoting CALYPSO and the Academic Program working together with the marketing department.
- Provide software expertise as necessary.
- Create proposals and complete formal bids and purchasing forms for prospective educational customer sites.
- Degree in engineering, industrial education or education fields or equivalent experience.
- Comfortable acting in a sales role with experience in a sales and customer training capacity.
- Self-driven, self-organized, creative.
- CALYPSO software operation and applications skills preferred
- Accomplished verbal and interpersonal communication skills and comfortable with presenting information both one on one and in front of larger audiences.
- Basic understanding of blueprint reading and precision measurement terminology.
- Willing to travel as necessary up to 60-70% to support the business objectives.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.