Associate Partner - Automotive Industry (m/w/x)
Your Role and Responsibilities
What Do We Look For In A Successful Associate Partner At IBM?
• Demonstrated ability to help senior executives, particularly in the Automotive Industry, determine where to compete, how to differentiate, and how to innovate business models by taking advantage of digital and new technologies
• Mental curiosity to question, research, clearly define problems, and work out innovative solutions
• Passion to understand the applications of emerging technologies and adapt modern approaches and innovative solutions to client problems
• Strong problem-solving capabilities, including the desire to take ambiguous problems and deliver creative and well-structured solutions; as well as applying deep analytical skills to ensure recommendations are informed by data and insights
• Proven track record of team and client success, reflecting an ability to manage large and complex projects, lead and teach associates, and partner with client stakeholders to achieve common goals
• Experience in selling high-value engagements, particularly in the Automotive Industry, by nurturing client and prospect relationships and tailoring offerings to achieve client and business goals
• Powerful communication and storytelling skills, successfully applying verbal and written communications to influence business leaders and team members by exposing and defending points of view
• Experience and interpersonal skills to thrive in and foster an intense team atmosphere, ability to build direct working relationships across all levels of the IBM and client teams
As an Associate Partner, you’ll join a team of highly motivated colleagues with experience from top consulting firms, startups, corporate strategy, and venture capital teams. Your responsibilities will include:
• Supporting and leading development of new business opportunities, particularly in the Automotive Industry, that promote IBM’s unique value proposition in the market
• Being a trusted advisor for clients by working closely with them to understand their issues, create strategic recommendations to drive change in a digitally-enabled era, secure buy-in for the recommendations, and collaborate to help reinvent businesses and industries
• Leading a multi-disciplinary team of talented consultants and managers to deliver insights-based, decision-ready recommendations that inform the strategic agenda for our clients; as well as practical roadmaps and plans to invest in, allocate resources, execute, and manage strategic recommendations to enable clients to pivot to action
• Contributing to the growth and eminence of the digital business strategy and automotive practices through thought leadership and practice development activities, including guiding and drawing from IBM research on evolving market trends
• Helping our clients explore disruptive strategies that create business value, such as new business models that bring ideas to life, efficiencies and profitability increases for existing offerings, and optimal routes to market for new or existing products and services.
Preferred locations include: Hamburg, Berlin, Köln, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt/Main, Ehningen bei Stuttgart oder München
Intrigued? We invite you to explore this extraordinary opportunity. To learn more about our Digital Business Strategy Practice, Click here
#GlobalBusinessServices #IBMConsulting #IBMConsultants #DigitalStrategyConsulting
#Consulting #Professional #Germany
IntroductionAs a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You'll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 10 years of general consulting (or other equivalent business experience)
• 4 years working for a strategy consulting firm developing business strategies for clients and leading strategy engagements (or equivalent experience)
• 2 years involvement in at least one aspect of a digital transformation (e.g., business modeling, digital marketing, digital growth strategies, etc.)
• 2 years of experience driving the sales of strategy engagements
• 2 years of experience developing proposals and responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
• 4 years of industry experience in the automotive industry
• Earned a Masters in Business Administration (strongly preferred) and/or another Masters or Advanced degree in business or technology
• Willingness to travel (domestically and globally) up to 4 days a week
Fluent in English and German
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
2 years of experience incorporating design thinking and creative approaches to problem solving and strategy formulation.
Preferred EducationMaster's Degree
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
State / ProvinceMULTIPLE
City / Township / VillageMULTIPLE CITIES
IBM Business GroupGBS
Primary job categoryConsultant
Secondary Job CategoryStrategy Consultant
Role ( Job Role )Strategy Consultant
Early Professional TrackNot Applicable - Professional Hire
Travel RequiredUp to 100% or 5 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
Company(7240) IBM Deutschland GmbH
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?Yes
Porsche | Senior Professional | Freiburg im Breisgau
DE-Operations Expert (m/
Apple | Senior Professional | Deutschland
Fachberater Logistiksysteme (m/
Jungheinrich Aktiengesellschaft | Senior Professional | Dresden
Business Operations (m/
Audi AG | Senior Professional | Potsdam
Altran GmbH & Co. KG | Senior Professional | Flöha
NEW YORKER | Senior Professional | Freiburg im Breisgau