Already today, machine learning helps to detect cancer early on, Alexa’s voice-enabled technology can enhance the quality of life of disabled people, and monitoring solutions enable clean water access to some of the poorest regions of the world. Technology is transforming our lives to the better – and Amazon Web Services (AWS) as the world`s leading cloud provider is a major enabler of this progress. But we are just getting started - and we are looking for Builders to come join us and leave their mark in this exciting period of time! If you are passionate about technology and are looking to advance your sales skills, join our team as a Business Development Representative (BDR)!
You will be the first point of contact to customers across Germany and guide them to build solutions on top of AWS that truly matter to them and their customers. You will directly interact with both new and existing customers, qualify their needs and closely work with Account Management, Solutions Architects, Training and other teams to ensure the implementation of the solution.
Your tasks and responsibilities will include planning, executing and reporting on campaigns targeted at an accelerated adoption of cloud services through prospecting, up- and cross-selling.
You will continuously improve your communication, email writing, cold-calling and phone presence skills, and extend your technical knowledge to be able to speak on eye-level with both management and technical staff. Upon mastering interactions with customers, you will be supported to transition into an Account Management or Business Development role.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Comprehensive training curriculum with a mix of onsite and virtual classroom training, experiential training (job shadowing, role plays and simulations) as well as on-the-job training
• Possibility to achieve the AWS Associate Solutions Architect Certification within the first 6 months
• Mentoring by seasoned AWS professionals
• Modern offices in the Munich city center
• Travel to exciting training locations
• Free ticket for public transportation in Munich
• Amazon’s unique work culture: dynamic, hands-on, high-pace and a lot of fun!
• Regular after-work and networking events
• Competitive performance-oriented pay measured through key performance indicators (KPIs)
• Fast career progression within in a structured phased approach
• Experience working in technology sales, customer service (e.g. call center), a startup and/or technical background, ideally proven through previous employment
• Hands-on mentality: you should not be afraid to pick up the phone and call a prospect or customer
• Fluent German and English both spoken and in writing
• Demonstrated ability to manage customer relationships
• Experience managing numerous requests and time demands concurrently
• BA/BS degree
• Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills (both in German and English)
• Proficiency using MS Office
• Demonstration of interest in developing a technology sales caree
• Self-starter, with proven professional success, who is prepared to work in a fast-paced, competitive and demanding environment
• Experience navigating prospective accounts from and into a senior executive level to identify new customer opportunities in a focused market space
• Skill at presenting, at a high level, a technical solution to prospects and customers relevant to their industry or target market
• Record of success in an outbound sales or prospecting role in B2B environments, preferably in a solution-sales / technology-related environment
• Skilled in prospecting techniques
• Knowledge and understanding of existing and developing technologies as it relates to cloud computing; understand and identify opportunities for customers
• Competence developing and delivering presentations to diverse audiences, including C-level contacts
• Capable of understanding customer pain points, requirements and correlating potential business to value that can be provided by technical services
• Proficiency in using CRM software, preferably Salesforce.com