Vattenfall is one of Europe´s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are looking for a Cable Engineer – Cable Integrity to work within our Business Area Wind, Offshore, Engineering.
The Engineering department is the technical know-how centre within Business Area Wind, setting technical standards and guidelines. Engineering is an integral part of our projects, both through the development and implementation phases as well as in operations.
The Cable Engineer will be working within the HV Cables Technology department in the Electrical Infrastructure area of Engineering. The Cable Engineer shall provide technical expertise on Cable System Integrity throughout the entire lifecycle and across Vattenfall’s portfolio of offshore windfarms.
The role will be based in one of Vattenfall’s office locations in Hamburg, Kolding, London or Hexham with frequent travel to other offices/suppliers required.
- Contribute to maintaining high levels of health and safety performance across all activities to deliver inherently safer projects and working environments.
- Work on cable integrity including evaluating current integrity status of installed cables, evaluating risks and developing mitigation measures.
- Gather and evaluate information from industry failures and support internal availability calculations.
- Support and further develop maintenance strategies and apply this to delivery and operational projects.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and procedures related to cable integrity.
- Closely collaborate with the Asset Integrity Team in Engineering as well as the Asset Management and Operations & Maintenance departments to support the integrity processes from cable engineering point of view.
- Closely collaborate with the HV Cables team on technical issues and strategies, e.g. cable monitoring and testing.
- Support lessons learned process and ensure that the lessons learned are translated to technical requirements.
- Support in conducting investigations and root cause analysis on existing cable assets.
- Support in resolving technical issues of the operational fleet.
- Support with project management tasks.
- Pro-actively share knowledge, engage in the cable team and contribute to the exchange of learnings and improvements.
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Electrical engineering or similar
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with high voltage on- and offshore cable design and manufacturing
- Knowledge and both practical and theoretical experience with/of HV submarine cables and accessories including design, testing and manufacturing processes and relevant standards
- Experience in working with maintenance and reliability engineering
- Good English language skills and preferably also good German and/or Danish language skills
- Willingness to travel
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work