Schweiz, Zug, Rotkreuz
Communications Manager, Diagnostics Solution Integration & Services
Purpose of the role
Support the Diagnostics Solution Integration & Services (SIS) Communications Team and the Diagnostics Solution Integration & Services organization (SIS) achieving their goals by applying appropriate Corporate Communication; this includes development and implementation of communications programs, use of appropriate comms channels, use of comms measurement, as well as good stakeholder management measures.
- Partners with the Head of SIS Communications and the assigned SIS department(s) to support on delivering compelling and relevant communication for use in internal channels and activities.
- Supports and guides assigned SIS department(s) in appropriately managing and dispensing relevant communication content and activities for internal use via the appropriate channels.
- Leads the development, delivery, measurement, reporting, and optimisation of communication programs for key projects and initiatives in support of business needs and success of the assigned SIS department(s).
- Ensures close collaboration with all communicators within SIS; and as needed with the different Diagnostics organizations (Business Areas, Regions, Affiliates, Global Functions, and Diagnostics Group Communications) as well as Group Communications to achieve a one-voice consistent global communications footprint (One Roche (Diagnostics)).
- Supports creating an understanding of the SIS and Diagnostics business strategies and objectives in the assigned SIS department(s) and vice versa where needed and appropriate.
- Supports creation of a culture and mind-set that fosters people engagement.
- Serves as the proxy for other SIS Comms Partners.
Excellence in communications
- Works as part of the SIS Communications Team to deliver value across SIS, as well as across the Division, to achieve business goals.
- Provides communication expertise and supports the assigned SIS department(s) and project teams in communication matters.
- Identifies and understands the communication needs and develops communication programs that will drive value for the business.
- Aligns communication programs with other members of the SIS Communications Team to ensure consistency and avoid duplication.
- Develops and provides the latest “content” for use in the relevant SIS Comms channels.
- Ensures overall best practice in processes, such as alignment with Group Communications principles, Roche Branding guidelines, and content lifecycle management.
- Ensures compliance with legal and regulatory standards and manages reviews and approvals according to internal processes and workflows.
- Coordinates production of communications materials by third-party vendors (editorial and creative/audio visual) if budget available and approved.
- Evaluates communications needs and support and proposes appropriate resourcing (budget) to assigned SIS department(s) and projects as well as Head of SIS Communications.
- Builds strong and trusted relationships with key stakeholders, demonstrates personal integrity and professional competence; and acts as an ambassador for Diagnostics Solution Integration & Services.
The Communications Manager SIS will possess the following capabilities:
- Healthcare industry knowledge (Medical Device or Dia experience are a plus)
- Corporate communications knowledge
- Strong business acumen (degree in communications or journalism)
- Strong analytical skills to develop integrated communications plans
- Excellent planning and execution/implementation skills
- Proven writing skills
- Proven experience in the use of diverse traditional/digital communication channels
- Strong interpersonal skills and intercultural experience; ability in working with diverse teams across different cultures and geographic locations