For our location in Hamburg we are seeking:
Limited: 5 years | Starting date: earliest possible | ID: FSMA054/2021 | Deadline: open | Full-time/Part-time
DESY, with its more than 2700 employees at its two locations in Hamburg and Zeuthen, is one of the world's leading research centres. Its research focuses on decoding the structure and function of matter, from the smallest particles of the universe to the building blocks of life. In this way, DESY contributes to solving the major questions and urgent challenges facing science, society and industry. With its ultramodern research infrastructure, its interdisciplinary research platforms and its international networks, DESY offers a highly attractive working environment in the fields of science, technology and administration as well as for the education of highly qualified young scientists.
The DAPHNE4NFDI consortium aims at a sustainable utilisation of research data and the establishment of a FAIR data management for large scale photon and neutron user facilities. DAPHNE4NFDI is a new project formed as part of the wider National Science Data Infrastructure (NFDI) initiative of the German government and builds especially on unique expertise in "big data" management and "open data” to enable open access to research data from large scale Photon and Neutron infrastructures, to digitalise the collection of additional metadata necessary for interpreting that data, and to form an open software ecosystem with which to interpret the data. The project is a partnership between 7 research institutions and 11 universities across diverse science disciplines with additional international partners and is funded by the DFG for an initial 5 year period.
We are looking for a dedicated, self-motivated and pro-active coordinator to take a key role in establishing and then coordinating the DAPHNE4NFDI National Science Data lnfrastructure (NFDI) project together with the project spokespersons and the executive board. The project coordinator will be located at the Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron (DESY) in Hamburg.
- Management of coordination and communication between the project partners
- Management and oversight of the budget and project schedule
- Preparation of reports and liaising with the DFG and NFDI project offices
- Organisation of recruiting, including advertisement, interview and pre-screening of applicants; leading coordination of operations within the project team
- Organisation of Scientific Workshops and meetings
- Public relation and organization of public outreach activities
- Linkage to national and international partners
Look forward to a unique working environment on our international research campus. We attach particular importance to appreciative cooperation and the well-being of our DESY employees. Gender equality is an important aspect for us. To support work life balance we offer flexible working hours, variable part-time and job-sharing. You will benefit from our family-friendly and collegial atmosphere, our established health management and occupational pension provision. As a public employer, we offer you a secure workplace and facilitate your individual career with our comprehensive training and development opportunities. Remuneration is according to the regulations of the TV-AVH.
Limited: 5 years
- A degree in physics or more generally natural science, preferentially with a doctoral degree
- Enthusiastic, independent and seif-driven person
- Proven organisational and communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken command of both English and German
- Prior experience in science management, or the management of other relevant large projects
- Knowledge of standard software packages
For further information please contact Anton Barty at +49 40 8998-5783 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to receiving your application via our application portal:
DESY promotes equal opportunities and diversity. The professional development of women is very important to us and therefore we strongly encourage women to apply for the vacant position. Applications from severely disabled persons will be given preference if they are equally qualified.
You can find further information here:
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Phone: +49 40 8998-3392
Deadline for applications: