Amazon is a leader in global e-commerce. We’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Our innovative technologies change the way people find, discover and buy products and services. Lawyers at Amazon are trusted members of the business. Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting and fast-paced. Developing innovative solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily business. Like everyone at Amazon, we’re passionate about our customers.
Amazon`s Legal Department is looking for an experienced Employment Lawyer to support our German corporate businesses as well as our German customer service, customer fulfillment and transportation operations. You will be the primary point of contact for the dedicated HR teams and work on a broad range of individual and collective employment law related issues. You will also provide day-to-day labor and employment law advice to our management teams and be responsible for the design and roll-out of trainings to non-legal teams. As part of Amazon´s German Legal team based in Munich you will work on exciting projects across business lines and across the EU, dealing with a variety of employment law topics and providing strategic counsel.
You must have excellent organizational skills and be a strong written and verbal communicator, with great attention to detail. You will need to be able to work independently in a constantly changing and sometimes ambiguous and complex environment. You also need common sense, great judgment, and a sense of humour. This position involves direct contact with business owners and external parties. We are looking for candidates who are innovative, progressive, extremely hands-on, and customer-obsessed professionals. In addition, they must be proactive and fast-moving when necessary to complete projects in a timely fashion.
· Advising and supporting the HR teams on all German labor and employment related matters, such as disciplinary proceedings, health and safety, performance management, consultation;
· Training the HR and Recruiting teams on new legislation, develop and implement forms and processes and help simplify automate processes;
· Advising the businesses on strategic matters, including hiring and talent management strategy;
· Drafting and implementing employment policies and standard documentation in close cooperation with the HR teams and stakeholders across the EU;
· Reviewing and drafting of works agreements with works councils;
· Proactive planning, advising and implementing legal and compliance programs and improvements to support and protect the business;
· Handling administration and resolution of issues arising in existing relationships as well as pre-litigation disputes;
· Responsibility of employment litigation management including outside counsel management;
· Supporting the businesses in dealing with relevant regulatory issues
· Fully qualified lawyer in Germany with outstanding academic and legal qualification;
· Minimum of 5 years post-qualified legal experience with at least three years at a reputed law firm with focus on employment law;
· Experience in employment law related matters including collective employment and labor law, negotiation and litigation
· High degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness but also desire to be challenged and think outside the box
· Great business judgment especially in ambiguous situations
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Great English skills that include ability to draft and negotiate contracts and legal reports
· Ability to deliver results, both as an individual contributor and as a member of the European Legal team
· Capacity to lead projects and coordinate external advisors
· Strong drafting, negotiating and deal-making experience;
· Project management skills;
· Top analytical skills;
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.