Intermediate level position requires frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards required to provide service on assigned systems manufactured by ZEISS Microscopy. In this capacity, will develop solutions to a variety of problems typically of moderate scope and complexity. Refers to policies and practices for guidance. Works under general supervision such that work may be reviewed for overall adequacy and accuracy. Contributes to the completion of organizational priorities and goals. May provide guidance to less senior field service engineers.
- Must successfully complete all proscribed technical training to acquire an in-depth knowledge of assigned company equipment
- Under limited supervision and following established protocols, provide a full range of installation services and preventive and corrective maintenance, on the assigned set of systems manufactured by ZEISS Microscopy.
- Using established guidelines, train customers on routine to advanced system operation and maintenance.
- May be trained on 3rd party systems, accessories or software as assigned by management, and possesses knowledge concerning the operation and ability to troubleshoot and support those items.
- May be trained to conduct special site or system environmental analysis tests as assigned by management and can use this knowledge to diagnose system problems or qualify sites as acceptable.
- Following proscribed procedures, correctly order and obtain spare parts and expedite the return of any defective materials as may be required.
- Liaise and schedule assigned service activities with the customer and ensure ZEISS Service Management, Customer Interaction Center, and when appropriate, the Sales Account Manager is kept aware as required.
- Serves as the ZEISS customer interface for all service matters, including coordinating any service sub-contractor activity as may be required.
- Complete all necessary forms and reports in support of department and company data collection efforts such as but not limited to, expense reports, service reports, quality reports, etc. in prescribed timeframe as established by management.
- Properly care for all ZEISS tools and assets as may be made available during the execution of assigned responsibilities.
- Perform PM’s within their scheduled timeframe
- Assists other Customer Support Engineers and customers to diagnose system problems via telephone, email as well as when on site.
- Respect, live and share with internal and external customers, the ZEISS values.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- 4 year degree or technical certificate in technical/scientific discipline, related military electronics experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience such as 5+ years direct experience building, maintaining, installing, and/or repairing similarly complex automated electromechanical systems.
- Advanced understanding and ability to troubleshoot problems in software, electronics, optics and electron optics, high voltage, high vacuum, mechanical, and electro mechanical systems
- Experienced with Windows operating environments and word processing and or email applications as well as with databases or CRM Systems.
- Ability to read and understand electrical or mechanical engineering documentation and schematics.
- May provide OJT training to less experienced CSE’s on the general maintenance and support of assigned equipment.
- Proven ability to work successfully as an individual contributor or as part of a team.
- Solid communication skills, able to converse readily in English, both verbally and in writing. (German a plus.)
- Strong administrative skills
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.