Amazon Music is awash in data! The Music Personalization team builds on data to transform the way people enjoy music through personalized recommendations, search results or song sequencing. The Music Personalization team is looking for a talented data engineer to help build/enhance our data landscape that shapes personalization and recommendations across Music experiences. You will help perform exploratory data analysis, implement new data pipelines that feed features into personalization models and other critical data systems at Amazon Music, and your insights will impact millions of Customers.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
· 5 years of industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty with demonstrable track record in developing data solutions that are stable and enforce data quality; and use resources efficiently
· Coding proficiency in one or more language (e.g. Python, Java, Scala), proficiency in SQL
· Proficiency with distributed processing frameworks such as Spark
· Familiarity with distributed systems (e.g. Elastic Map Reduce and NoSQL databases)
· Familiarity with AWS technologies such as Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline, and other big data technologies
· Master’s degree in Computer Science
· Extensive knowledge in developing Spark based data pipelines
· Experience with distributed systems (e.g. Elastic Map Reduce and NoSQL databases)
· Experience in AWS technologies such as Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline, and other big data technologies