Amazon’s mission is to be the most customer centric company in the world. The Workforce Staffing organization is on the front line of that mission by hiring the hourly fulfilment associates who make that mission a reality. To drive the necessary growth and continued scale of Amazon’s associate needs within a constrained employment environment, Amazon is creating a Workforce Staffing Analytics program.
This program will re-invent how Amazon attracts, communicates with, and ultimately hires its hourly associates. This team will own multi-layered research and program implementation to drive deep learnings, process improvements, and strategic recommendations to global leadership. Are you passionate about data? Are you a tinkerer by trade? Do you enjoy questioning the status quo? Do complex and difficult challenges excite you? If yes, this may be the team for you.
As a Data Engineer, you should be an expert in the architecture of DW solutions for the Enterprise using multiple platforms. You should excel in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large data sets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business analysts and engineers to determine how best to design the data warehouse for reporting and analytics. You will be responsible for designing and implementing scalable ETL processes in the data warehouse platform to support the rapidly growing and dynamic business demand for data, and use it to deliver the data as service which will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making. You should have the ability to develop and tune SQL to provide optimized solutions to the business.
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field or 5+ years industry experience
· Demonstrated strength in data modelling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
· Data Warehousing Experience with Oracle, Redshift, PostgreSQL, etc.
· Advanced SQL and query performance tuning skills.
· Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing data sets from multiple sources.
· Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (e.g. Python, Java).
· Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty with a track record of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large data sets.
· Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets.
· Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects.
· Experience using AWS technologies (e.g. Redshift, S3, EC2)
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space