Assignment period:12/01/2020 - 12/01/2022
Field:Climate Change, Environment
Type of employment:full-time
The objective of the project “NDC Peru” is that the Ministry of Environment (MINAM) coordinates efficiently and closely with public and private actors in the implementation of initiatives of mitigation and adaptation to achieve the goals of the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC). The first component of the project aims to provide instruments to improve enabling conditions for implementing the NDC measures of sectoral ministries and regional governments in cooperation with the private sector. The Technical Committee on Forests and Climate Change (formed by the MINAM, the Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation, the National Forest Service and Wildlife and GIZ) has the responsibility to identify actions to improve the enabling conditions linked to adaptation and mitigation measures of the forestry sector.
- Supporting the Regional Government in the development of management instruments that integrate the climate change approach into public forest-related interventions
- Assisting in the articulation of the different levels of government in the development of actions for adaptation on forestry and mitigation measures related to the “Sector Uso de Suelos, Cambio de Uso de Suelos y Silvicultura"
- Supporting capacity development of relevant actors to improve the enabling conditions for adaptation and mitigation measures
- Technical assistance to communities and organizations within the region in activities associated with processes related to adaptive capacity or reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Supporting the planning of policies and systematization of good practices of interventions linked to climate change that involve actors from the national, regional, civil society, cooperation and producers of the territory
- Several years of professional experience in the forest sector
- High degree of understanding of analysis of complex political and social contexts within a framework of managing adaptation and mitigation forest-related measures
- Knowledge and experience in planning and implementing interventions related to the forestry sector
- Adaptability to different academic levels such as politicians, specialized personnel, farmers, peasant communities and academia
- Ability to work under pressure and oriented to the achievement of results
- Proficiency in writing reports
- Fluency in Spanish (written and spoken)
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Peru.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
- Place of residence: Callería district in Pucallpa, population: 154,082 inhabitants
- Climate: Warm tropical climate during all year
- Purchase and supply options: Callería has supermarkets, minimarkets and local markets
- Medical attention: Callería has services from the Pucallpa Regional Hospital, 5 health centers and 26 health posts
- School / school situation: Callería has an educational offer from both public and private schools at preschool, primary and secondary levels. In addition, there is The High Performance College of the Ministry of Education and the Peruvian American Christian College; however, the district doesn’t have an educational offer from German schools
- Accessibility: Access to the International Airport in Yarinacocha district located in the same province of Coronel Portillo. The distance between Lima and Calleria is 843 km
- Others: Callería has a police station
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
+49 (0) 6196 79 3200