Assignment period:05/01/2021 - 09/30/2022
Type of employment:full-time
The "Strengthening the Civil Society Programme" (CSP) aims to strengthen Civil Society Organizations to fulfil their mandate with a special focus on advocating for the rights of marginalized groups within the Palestinian society, e.g. children/people with disabilities, youth, women, children/adolescents (particularly those with disability) who have psycho-social mental health challenges. The "Mental Health Psycho Social Support" (MHPSS) is newly introduced in light of the Corona outbreak, but also due to the protracted political conflict, internal Palestinian complexities and the socio-economic hardships and consequences resulting from this.
- Support partner organisations’ capacities for delivering MHPSS services and activities, such as technical manual development, training for technical staff and institutionalising MHPSS within partner organisations
- Build inclusive digital platforms, barrier-free digital services, counselling services building digital referral systems and beneficial digital activities, facilitate safe spaces, strengthen partner organisations with Corona recovery project ideas in the field of psycho-social mental health support
- Support the direct implementation of psycho-social support to target groups for instance: individual and group counselling, self-help groups, informal educational activities, direct rehabilitation-related procurements, awareness raising measures, summer camps and so on
- Support partner organisations to build advocacy campaigns through their networks to address MHPSS rights of marginalised groups and advocacy campaigns calling for the inclusion of marginalised groups in response plans and agendas in times of crisis
- Upon request, provide technical needs-based advice to GIZ programmes with mental health or psycho-social support components, assess MHPSS approaches being used across programmes and identify opportunities for aligning MHPSS responses among them
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Educational Psychology or other relevant social sciences from an accredited academic university or institute
- Several years of relevant work experience, with proven experience in the field of MHPSS, civil society, marginalised groups
- Proven ability to think strategically, to analyse complex information and offer creative, practical and high-impact solutions
- Ability to distil large amounts of information for a variety of internal and external audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work flexible in a team, to adjust work plans and priorities rapidly in response to external opportunities
- Results-oriented, with experience in developing and monitoring performance and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Fluent English skills, Arabic skills are highly preferred and German is an asset
The GIZ offers an additional benefits package for deployments in fragile security situations.
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Palestinian territories.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).