- Code number: PCNA-D-1599461611-E
- Entry level: Professionals
- Location: Atlanta
- Organization: Porsche Cars North America
The Enterprise Architect is responsible for the maintenance and management of IT architecture models and their lower level components in coordination with the Porsche AG Enterprise Architecture team. The Enterprise Architect’s primary objective is to ensure that the IT systems architecture and technology used is appropriate for fulfilling PCNA’s business strategy goals in a cost-effective manner. Additionally, the Enterprise Architect has the following objectives:
- Ensure planned changes to the enterprise architecture align with current and future business objectives.
- Ensure PCNA IT performs and supports the procurement, development, and deployment efforts of IT systems and solutions in a coherent and coordinated fashion.
- Ensure PCNA IT performs Information System enhancements, upgrades, projects, and related procurement activities in compliance with Porsche methodologies and standards.
- Advise IT and business stakeholders on decisions relating to PCNA’s enterprise architecture, enabling them to make informed decisions.
- Help lead in the analysis, design, development, and ongoing support of IT systems and applications.
- Support ongoing development and operations within the IT department, as needed.
- Ensure Business Continuity Management (BCM) objectives are met within the architecture plan
- Assist enterprise risk management to align standards and design with the enterprise risk management objectives.
- Drive improvements in selected IT department functions to support IT and enterprise goals
- Create and maintain the PCNA application architecture within the Enterprise Architecture Management Tool
- Properly align processes, responsibilities, practices and activities with Enterprise goals
- Locate ways to reduce costs in IT through optimization and enhancement of the IT landscape
- Communication and training tasks aimed to inform IT staff of architecture tools, needs, deficiencies, and improvement projects
- Produce high level architecture diagrams that can be understood by business users and management
- Oversee the development of business architecture and systems processing documentation
- Create an enterprise architecture vision and multi-year plan
- Maintain knowledge of both core business processes and the systems that support those processes
- Provide alternative system modifications to business owners to help support changes in user requirements, communicating the benefits, cost and limitations of each approach
- Maintains customer focus; increase IT customer satisfaction with business users
- Oversee the development of business process models which accurately show business critical procedures
- Communicate planned system changes with key stakeholders and providing knowledge of business processes in support of the development team
- Create system documentation within the Porsche standard templates
- Track and monitor open issues within Enterprise Architecture Management tool for assigned areas with multiple vendors / business units and escalate problems as necessary
- Ensure all assigned projects conform to Porsche standards including: vendor selection, vendor management, technology & development standards, critical success factors, status & management reporting, information security, data protection, financial accounting and controls as applicable
- Ensure IT management is updated on local IT status on assigned support and project related activity
- Responsible for the oversight of daily activities and formal review process for one intern resource
- Evaluate new technologies and make recommendations on the design for IT and Innovation related projects
- Identify and recommend enhancements and changes for existing and planned systems which will increase organization efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide recommendations on existing and planned systems and recommended deployment options.
- Ensure system interfaces as built fulfill the master data plan as defined by IT Data Analytics
- Perform system and user administration tasks as needed to backfill operational support
- 4-year Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration or comparable experience; Postgraduate degree preferred
- 5+ years experience in comparable position as an IT analyst / consultant
- Relevant experience in enterprise architecture
- Business Intelligence experience
- Experience in the Automotive Industry
- Knowledge of databases, data warehousing and SQL
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Overall understanding of applied information technology
- Team player with consensual approach
- Systematic thinker; ability to work at conceptual and detail levels
- Systems lifecycle experience with analysis, design, and development knowledge
- German language is a plus
Percentage of required travel:
- Up to 10% travel
- To be onsite 60% of working hours
- Off hour support is expected