At Amazon, we are committed to and invested in sustainability because it’s a win all around – it’s good for business, the planet, our customers, and our communities. The Worldwide Environmental Protection team capitalizes on Amazon’s scale, speed, and ability to invent and simplify to create a better and more resilient company. We manage our environmental impacts globally, and we drive solutions that enable our customers and our business to become more sustainable.
We ensure that Amazon transactions satisfy environmental requirements, and coordinate the aspects of product transactions that are regulated (shipping, recycling, etc.). This involves creating programs to respond and fulfill environmental requirements across multiple jurisdictions. The team is also responsible for keeping Amazon customers aware of the sustainability initiatives available.
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to join the Environmental Assurance and Protection team, supporting the Extended Producer Responsibility Program in Europe, which is our main program to manage waste recycling initiatives in the EU. Extended Producer Responsibility is a policy instrument under which manufacturers, producers and distributors take responsibility for their products and packaging at their end of life, by establishing systems to ensure collection and recycling of post-consumer waste, including product take-back. This role requires to coordinate and direct efforts across multiple business teams to allow environmental compliance processes.
· Improve the Extended Producer Responsibility processes of Amazon and the independent sellers to achieve environmental compliance.
· Manage cross-functional projects to respond to new environmental requirements regarding EPR and circular economy for Amazon and the independent sellers.
· Work cross-functionally to manage compliance programs for independent sellers.
· Interact with multiple stakeholders including Government Agencies and independent sellers in Amazon to communicate on existing and future requirements.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Economics, Engineering, Environmental Science, or related fields.
· 7+ years of experience in project management on data analysis, compliance or regulatory consulting.
· 7+ years of experience interacting with stakeholders (regulatory bodies, suppliers).
· Proficiency in verbal & written communication in English.
· Ability to prioritize and deal with dynamic business environment.
· Strong analytical thinking and problem solving, ability to convert strategy to operation, continuous improvement capability, sensitivity to details, and exceptional organizational skills.
· Collaboration, ability to influence others without having positional authority, negotiation, determination and resiliency.
· Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
· Experience working cross-functionally with technical and nontechnical individuals
· Fluency in German
· Experience in Extended Producer Responsibility compliance management with government agencies.
· Advanced Excel Skills (complex formulas, VBA).
· Experience in Finance/Procurement (budgeting, cost tracking).
· Broad experience applying data-driven decision making across multiple industries.
· Strong drive to question the status quo and learn new topics and skills.