Amazon seeks a Finance Operations Manager - Business Support (m/f/d) to lead and be part of our rapidly growing worldwide Finance Operations team. This position will be located in Munich and will be the primary business support function to manage finance operations processes with a strong focus on procure-to-pay and revenue-to-receipt processes. This position will partner closely with in-country business and finance leadership to support and optimize the daily business, drive new business integration and expansion projects, cost-out initiatives centered on reducing defects and eliminating waste and leading improvements in Finance Operations necessary to generate free cash flow opportunities on behalf of the company.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Europe Media Business team, the Finance Operations teams primarily located in India and Slovakia as well as working with other FinOps departments across Europe on multiple projects.
The key areas of responsibility will include the following:
· Oversee and manage a multi-billion Finance Operations portfolio
· Direct and improve Finance Operations processes for Media Europe
· Business partner with internal stakeholders (e.g. Retail, Retail Finance, Amazon Web Services, Digital Device and Digital Content and Employees), external business partners (vendors, suppliers, service providers and customers) and other finance teams to drive improvement activities, efficiency and decision support
· Be a key part of prioritization, objectives and organizational development to support the rapid growth and bring function to next level of business partnering and support
· Accountability for Fin Ops processes with focus on processes impacting the relationship with the business
· Initiate and lead business and operations reviews designed to identify expansion projects, changes in business trajectory, controllership and accounting risks
· Driving vendor and customer issues which require a business decision to resolve
· Develop project roadmaps and work with multiple teams to implement effective long-term solutions which optimize the productivity of the team as well that of the business partners
· Lead and build scalable processes to recruit, train and develop multi-lingual business professionals to support business expansion
· Be a key contributor to the consolidated yearly Operating Plan, including global headcount forecasting and detailed analysis of budget to actual results on a monthly and quarterly basis
· Participate in the coordination/review of the monthly balance sheet and operations reviews at European level.
· M.A., B.A. or B.S in Finance or Accounting, CPA or MBA preferred
· Multiple years of leadership experience, managing finance, accounting and operational processes
· Proven ability to operate in large and complex finance teams through a mixed finance skill set (commercial finance, accounting, FP&A, audit, operations), preferably through international or overseas experience
· Solid experience working in a (finance) business partnering environment, building out teams and demonstrated customer obsession and work ethic based on strong desire to exceed expectations.
· Experience in commercial finance, retail finance, operations, logistics or the vendor/supplier finance.
· Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills; including written and oral communication.
· Advanced presentation skills and the ability to guide and influence senior leadership.
· Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing environment and the ability to empower teams around you.
· Exceptional business judgment capable of driving a diverse organization to the right results with a focused, pragmatic approach.
· Advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also understanding the big picture.
· Experience with complex decision making and problem solving using Lean / Six Sigma techniques.
· Ability to inspire others through setting strategic vision and direction within Finance Ops as well as with the Business and Finance teams we support.
· Proven project management ability that shows how to organize, find solutions, and follow through to a successful conclusion, as well as transformation experience.