Amazon is seeking a Start Up Project Manager to support the continued expansion of our European fulfillment network.
Ideal candidates will have an established Project Management foundation with high work capacity & agility, while being detail-oriented and data-driven with a talent for problem-solving and a positive can-do-attitude. In this role, the individual will understand all aspects of an Amazon Fulfillment Center (FC) and the full life-cycle of a new FC delivery or existing FC build-out/conversion project, from the definition of business requirements up to the final building handover.
The Start Up Project Manager is responsible for the final project planning and execution stages, working within a cross-functional project team, essentially ensuring new warehouses are delivered safely, on time, within budget and turnkey ready from day 1.
Responsibilities & Expectations
· End-to-end ownership for medium-scale warehouse project deliverables after training on the job
· Responsible for handling projects' budget and spend controlling
· Vendor and work/purchase order management supported by dedicated Procurement department
· Integrated project scheduling, resource planning, critical path analysis and schedule optimization
· Reading and navigating through technical warehouse design drawings to formulate vendor execution instructions
· Conduct weekly standing meetings with internal teams and vendors to plan and track deliverables
· Continuous project status tracking and communication, targeted and timely elevation of potential risks and issues across multiple teams and with project stakeholders
· Comfortable in different roles, sometimes supporting, sometimes leading
· Capable of switching between Project/Program Management and detailed work-stream level activities with an ability to “roll up sleeves”.
· Flexibility for business travels of up to 50% of worktime within Europe
· Bachelor or Master Degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), Operations, Business Administration, or a related field
· Project/Program Management experience during study or internship
· Proficient in MS Excel, MS Project, AutoCAD, and related software
· Fluency in both native and English languages
· Certified Project Management qualification (PMP, Prince2, or other)
· Proficiency in additional European languages
· Experience in process design/optimization or supply chain optimization