Assignment period:07/01/2021 - 12/31/2021
Type of employment:full-time
The International Tax Compact (ITC) facilitates the secretariats of the Addis Tax Initiative (ATI), the Network of Tax Organisations (NTO) and the DRM Innovation Fund. It is driven by the vision of fair, efficient and transparent tax systems for sustainable development and aims to strengthen the effectiveness of results-oriented initiatives in the area of tax and development by facilitating and supporting networking, knowledge sharing and multi-level cooperation within and across initiatives in an impartial manner. The ITC is part of the GIZ Sector Programme Good Financial Governance (SP GFG). More information about the ITC and its work lines can be found at www.taxcompact.net, www.addistaxinitiative.net, www.nto.tax and www.drm-innovation.fund.
- As an intern (m/f/d), you will support the International Tax Compact (ITC) implement the activities agreed upon in its work plan. These include:
- Implementing and further developing the Addis Tax Initiative (ATI), most notably by facilitating the cooperation and exchange within the ATI Steering Committee and ATI Consultative Groups
- Implementing and further developing the Network of Tax Organisations (NTO), most notably by facilitating the cooperation and exchange within the NTO Council
- Supporting the organisation, implementation and follow-up of (virtual) international events (e.g. NTO Technical Conference, ATI General Assembly, back-to-back events, webinars, internal workshops etc.)
- Assisting in the conceptual preparation of studies and peer-learning activities as well as conducting research and drafting briefs, factsheets, internet articles etc.
- Managing and collecting data for external communication and monitoring purposes, notably in the context of the ATI; Preparing and updating content for the ITC/ATI/NTO websites and social media channels
- Evaluating current debates and worldwide developments in the field of good governance and public finances, with a special focus on tax and development
- Supporting knowledge management, network management and the exchange of information within the team and towards external stakeholders
- Supporting the ITC and the SP GFG in its day-to-day administrative work
- University degree in economics, political science, public administration, law, regional studies or another relevant discipline; at least equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree
- Basic knowledge and vast interest in the fields of policymaking and governance, tax policy and administration, and international development cooperation
- You work in an organised, structured, independent, detail-oriented and results-driven way
- You are able to work under time pressure and willing to quickly familiarise yourself with complex issues
- Very good knowledge of the common MS Office programmes (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) is a must
- Experience with virtual event management (conferences, webinars, workshops, etc.) is a distinctive advantage
- Experience in external communication and/or network management is a distinctive advantage; Experience in the administration and maintenance of websites is an advantage
- Fluency in English is imperative. Good knowledge in German and/or French or Spanish is a distinct advantage
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago from the start of your internship.
We pay a monthly stipend of €1.634,- (gross).
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Ms Luise Elenor Gloeckner (email@example.com).