Schweiz, Basel-Stadt, Basel
At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
This internship is a unique opportunity to develop practical application of skills learned in academia in a broad new field.
Global Capital Investment & Real Estate is responsible for providing an efficient, effective and sustainable working environment for 30,000 employees of Roche Diagnostics globally. This is done in a multitude of ways, from designing office layouts, to constructing manufacturing facilities, controlling and approval of capital expenditure across the division to managing real estate transactions in 104 countries around the world. The multi-disciplinary team offers the perfect environment for a motivated intern to apply transferable skills in a dynamic setting.
We are looking for a motivated, engaged, mature, self-starting individual, keen to grow and prove capability to take on additional tasks beyond the core responsibilities outlined below.
Your main responsibilities are:
Support Global Expert Workplace Strategies in preparing and governing Workplace Strategies globally, managing and evaluating Facility Performance Data and improving real time occupancy studies. More concrete you will
- analyze Workplace and Facility Performance data in order to help draw conclusions on optimal asset operations
- work with the global Workplace Community to foster collaboration and exchange amongst them and across projects
- check current data against past forecast data to come up with a confidence factor in forecasting and support assessing current and future forecasting
- support harmonizing the various developed toolkits, so they reflect current best practice and learnings from relevant projects
- identify possible Workplace projects
- potentially support local Project Managers in running Workplace projects and give guidance on process, user involvement, timeframes, metrics, etc.
- document Workplace projects and build on the existing internal reporting framework for Workplace projects
- collect best practice examples of Workplace projects and build the best practice example repository
- work with other scope areas in wider team
- support project data management: gathering RE project data, analyzing them, creating charts and diagrams and outputs, putting into a presentation format
- develop/amend document templates (in Excel, PowerPoint)
- You will prepare presentations (gSlides)
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Master‘s degree related to facility management, real estate, project management, architecture or related fields or equivalent education.
Moreover you have/are:
- You have first work experience with operational FM, RE, WPS and project management
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to integrate well into different cultures and business settings as a great teammate
- An attention to details and scrupulousness is required
- You are self-motivated, have potential and ambition for further development with an enthusiastic can-do attitude
- You have technical background and affinity to data management
- A proficiency in English is a requirement, a second language is an asset
- In addition you have a proficiency in Excel and MS Office as well as Google Suite
- You are proactive and have a sense of responsibility and self-organization
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want to work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
Please note that you have to be enrolled in university during the half of internship period.
The starting date of this internship is September/October 2019 or upon availability. Please clearly indicate your preferred starting date and duration of internship (6 to 12 months) in your cover letter. Applications need to include a CV and a motivation letter.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Due to regulations non-EU/EFTA citizens must provide a certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory as part of the application documents.
Roche strives to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.