- Code number: Porsche Logistic Services-D-1621944303-E
- Entry level: Qualified Employees
- Location: Easton
- Organization: Porsche Logistic Services
Lead, direct and assist in the supervision of warehouse associates assigned to Inventory Control activities. Develop and implement programs to improve inventory accuracy within the Parts Distribution Center (PDC). Responsibilities include coordinating all work activities, determining work procedures, monitoring work schedules, and providing adequate training to all new teammates working within the Inventory Control department. The Inventory Lead will assign duties and examine work for exactness, accuracy and conformance to policies and procedures. Provide coaching to personnel and develop a productive and effective work team. The Lead will provide clear verbal and written communication with Porsche Logistics Services (PLS) leadership and employees, as well as dealers, vendors, and various Porsche Cars North America (PCNA) departments.
- Plan and conduct daily cycle counts of parts located in the PDC
- Reconcile daily cycle count and cancel pick variances. Ensure audit counts are completed
- Develop and execute annual cycle count strategy. Submit monthly and annual reports
- Identify mis-stocked items, conduct research to locate missing items and take corrective action when necessary
- Record inventory adjustments as needed and maintain accurate adjustment log.
- Research/analyze inventory discrepancies to determine cause and report findings to management
- Develop action steps to minimize inventory discrepancies and make recommendations on programs to improve inventory management
- Perform parts inspections as required and maintain stock check log
- Manage non-conforming material and hold inventory.
- Manage blocked stock report
- Manage monthly variance report to reconcile inventory between WMS and SAP
- As directed by PCNA, conduct inventory withdrawals and ship as instructed
- In conjunction with the Receiving Supervisor, help develop efficient and accurate inventory management procedures, reports and documentation as required by management and outside auditors.
- Prepare and participate in PCNA internal inventory audits and annual external agency audit.
- Maintain all records of audits, counts and adjustments as required by management and outside auditors. Ensure requirements of outside auditors are followed.
- Provide coaching to personnel and develop a productive work team.
- Counsel department personnel on performance issues verbally and escalate ones in writing to supervisor.
- Ensure inventory system related issues are addressed and/or corrected.
- Motivate assigned team members to perform at a level that meets and exceeds current productivity and quality targets.
- Develop and participate in a 'continuous improvement' environment that facilitates process enhancements. Work with counterparts at the other PDCs and with PLS support staff to share and implement best practices.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
Experience (Job and Industry):
- 5+ years of general warehouse experience
- Solid knowledge of inventory management procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of computerized parts systems and warehouse management systems (WMS)
- Experience with inventory management computer systems, including SAP
- Ability to operate material handling equipment and RF equipment
- Technical parts exposure/experience
- Experience in assigning work and/or effectively leading staff members
- Demonstrated leadership experience in warehouse environments with established performance and quality metrics
- Sound foundation in basic mathematic principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong PC skills to include: MS Office (Excel, Access, Word), SAP and WMS
- Planning and Organization
- Analytical and Research
- Safety Oriented
- Open warehouse environment with variant temperatures
- Heavy lifting, up to 50 pounds
- Sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling and extensive standing & walking on concrete surfaces
- Although a regular 40 hour work schedule will apply to this position, the person selected should be prepared to work flexible work hours that could include weekends and overtime as needed
- Responsible for the proper usage of, awareness of, and compliance with Information Technology security policies at Porsche Cars North America
- Seeks to ensure proper retention of electronic documents, business confidential information, and actively demonstrates an understanding of the need to safeguard competitive information in both electronic and non-electronic formats
Porsche is an equal opportunity employer and we take pride in our diversity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Porsche will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Porsche does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, family and medical leave status, military status, criminal conviction history, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.