Amazon Web Services (AWS) is growing rapidly, and we are looking for Data Center Technician Intern to join our expanding Infrastructure Operations team.
The intern will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of data center operations. This position involves hardware and network diagnostics followed by physical repair, and may include participation in an on-call rotation. All candidates should be willing to work both independently and with a team. Work prioritization, organizational skills, effective communication, and the ability to react quickly are critical to being successful. In addition to hardware and network repair, candidates will install equipment, create documentation, innovate solutions, and fix complex problems within the data center space.
· Regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds unassisted; and participate in group lifts for 36 pounds or more.
· Must be able to lift loads of up to 49 pounds and carry them for short distances.
· Continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs).
· Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance.
· Push or pull heavy objects into position.
Some travel may be required
· In pursuit of obtaining a Technical or Associates Degree or higher within a relevant Technical Field such as Information Technology, Computer Networking, Computer Hardware Repair and/or Computer Science.
· Expected graduation date between December 2021 - Summer 2022.
· Familiarity with computer hardware component and operating systems.
· Experience with one or more of the following hardware platforms (e.g. Dell, HP) is a plus. HP, Dell, ZT, Foxconn, Super Micro, SGI, etc.
· Previous relevant IT experience.
· Ability to manage work and priorities through a ticketing system and coordination with Manager.
· An interest in computer sciences and information technology.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.