Assignment period:02/15/2021 - 02/14/2023
Type of employment:part-time
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services is part of a shortlisted consortium in the tender for the EU funded project “Support to Sustainable Rural Livelihoods” in Fiji.
The overall purpose of this project is to support the Government of Fiji for the implementation of the Strategic Development Plan of the Ministry of Agriculture and related policies in order to facilitate an effective transition to a sustainable and more diversified agriculture sector and to develop a market driven and environmental friendly agriculture.
Specific results to be achieved are:
- Strengthened institutional capacity of the Ministry of Agriculture and relevant authorities;
- Improved existing systems and practices used by the Ministry of Agriculture and relevant authorities for planning, budgeting/resource allocation, implementation of sectoral and sub-sectoral policies and reporting;
- The impact of the SDP’s implementation is monitored and assessed, including through an improved statistical and data analysis system;
- Relevant reforms and policies are implemented. An enabling environment for the farmers and the actors involved in agriculture is created thanks to an improved provision of support services to the agriculture sector;
- Adequate communication and visibility of EU support.
Qualifications and skills:
- At least a master degree in or equivalent academic qualification (university or similar institution) in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Development, Development Economics with a specialization in Agriculture or any equivalent field directly related to this assignment;
- If the expert does not have a Master's Degree, she/he must have at least a Bachelor's degree in the above mentioned fields combined with an additional 2 years of relevant professional experience;
- Excellent training and mentoring skills;
- Initiative, tact and proven ability to maintain harmonious working relationships in a multicultural setting with good team spirit;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
General professional experience:
- At least 10 years of practical experience in the field of agriculture and rural development;
- Strong knowledge of private sector operations in agribusiness;
- Experience of working in developing countries, in particular small-sized countries, will be considered an asset.
Specific professional experience:
- Has conducted at least 2 inclusive value chain assessments as lead consultant;
- At least 3 years of professional experience at working on agribusiness development;
- Previous professional experience working in rural development in Small Island Developing States and/or Least Developed countries will be considered as an asset.
Please note that the European Union has not yet the detailed Terms of Reference for this project. Therefore, location, start date and duration of the projects as well as tasks of and requirements for the position may be subject to change.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam. GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement. We would like to ask you to apply with a CV in Europeaid format.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to improve the share of disabled employees, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
+49 6196 79-4708