Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company? Come to make history with Amazon’s legal department.
Amazon is a leader in global e-commerce, and our innovative devices and technologies change the way people find, discover and buy products and services.
We are looking for a talented and experienced attorney to support our growing digital media (Alexa, e-books, apps) and devices (Kindle e-readers, tablets, Fire TV, Echo) business in Germany. Lawyers at Amazon are trusted members of the business. Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting and fast-paced. Developing innovative solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily business.
You will serve as a lawyer responsible for counseling the business on a broad range of commercial and regulatory matters and structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial transactions. You will provide day-to-day advice in a wide range of legal areas, including copyright, IP/IT, Digital Media, e-commerce and regulatory compliance.
You will be part of the DE legal team and a broader EU legal team that supports the digital media and devices businesses across the EU.
The position can be based in Munich or Berlin. Some travel may be required.
· Fully qualified lawyer with excellent academic records, ideally from a German jurisdiction.
· Minimum of 7+ years of post-qualification experience, ideally with some part of that supporting digital media, content, electronic devices, e-commerce, consumer product or retail businesses.
. Fluent German and English language skills that include the ability to draft and negotiate contracts;
· Combination of law firm and in-house experience a plus;
· Proficiency in an additional language preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to manage teams and act as a business partner to our business teams;
· Outstanding legal and business judgment; Strong strategic organizational and project management skills, drafting, negotiation, analytical, management and leadership skills;
· Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and to work well with all levels of employees and management;
· Proven customer obsession;
· Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and a reputation for delivering results.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.