The U.S. Marketing Manager will lead the development and launch of marketing plans for current and future products and services including: target markets, promotion plans, marketing materials and education requirements. This individual will conduct market research to identify trends in the appropriate market segments, and competitive developments. The Marketing Manager will develop detailed financial models to justify programs and projects, create marketing campaigns to drive sales performance, and key metrics to quantify impact of the marketing programs and to refine them appropriately. Furthermore, the Marketing Manager has the responsibility of managing regional/local KOL’s to achieve podium power at regional and local meetings. The Marketing Manager must excel at building cross-functional alignment. This individual will work with sales leadership, global marketing, supply chain, operations, customer service, and finance to ensure successful product introductions. The Marketing Manager will have significant interaction with the field-based sales force, and must work collaboratively to ensure that customer targeting, sales tools, and marketing programs are well executed and impactful.
• Manage the product portfolio for the assigned product/customer segment.
• Drive results through the launch of new products, next generation products, and product enhancements.
• Partner with the Global Business & Marketing Teams to create and implement the long-term product strategy.
• Prepare new product launch packages and Go-To-Market documents for the US market.
• Continuously monitor market needs and customer acceptance through sales force collaboration, customer visits, attending key congresses and meetings, and conducting primary and secondary market research. Understand what drives market segmentation.
• Monitor sales and profits and report on product line performance to management, utilize sales analysis skills to understand and report on product and market dynamics.
• May plan and manage the product line marketing budget.
• Provide input to assist Sales Management in forecast sales for manufacturing and financial planning.
• Understand market dynamics and recommend pricing strategy.
• Partner with Clinical Marketing to cultivate and develop Key Opinion Leaders and product advocates and provide support to clinical trial sites.
• Have intimate knowledge of the sales process for the assigned customer segment and provide critical sales tools. Support regional local sales training by providing strategic goals and marketing messages. Liaise with regional Sales Training resources as content experts. Perform Sales Training during phase training sessions, trade shows, and sales meetings.
• Provide Field Sales with updates on product, services, and market changes and be a resource to Field Sales and respond to point of sales questions and requests.
• Partner with Marketing Communications to develop and implement the communication and promotional plans and materials including: mailings, advertising, product literature, speakers, web marketing, digital marketing outlets, etc.
• Analyze competitive products and incorporate competitive strategies into promotional and product development plans to stay ahead of the competition.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of successful experience in a marketing and/or sales position.
• Experience in the medical, biotechnology, diagnostic imaging or related industry required. Experience in Neurosurgery is a plus.
• Experience bringing new products to market is highly preferred.
• Experience in managing clinical trial sites is preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in the product development process is preferred.
• Outstanding, proven communication skills (written, group presentations, etc.) are required.
• Proven ability to work closely with direct / distributor sales teams is required.
• Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills are required.
• Strong strategic and analytical skills including forecasting, sales analysis, and ROI analysis are required
• Proven ability to work with internal customers through strong collaboration and external customers.
• Ability to travel up to 30% within the U.S.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.