• Create and manage the implementation of the annual strategic marketing plan for each customer segment within area of responsibility.
• Manage the product portfolio for the assigned product/customer segment.
• Drive results through the launch of new products, next generation products, and product enhancements.
• Partner with the Global Marketing Team to create and implement the long-term product strategy, including product enhancements and new product development.
• Continuously monitor market needs and customer acceptance through sales force collaboration, customer visits, attending key congresses and meetings, and conducting primary and secondary market research.
• Monitor sales and profits and report on product line performance to management, utilize sales analysis skills to understand and report on product and market dynamics.
• Plan and manage the product line marketing budget.
• Provide input to assist Sales Management in forecast sales for manufacturing and financial planning.
• Understand market dynamics and recommend pricing strategy.
• Have intimate knowledge of the sales process for the assigned customer segment and provide critical sales tools. Support regional local sales training by providing strategic goals and marketing messages. Liaise with regional Sales Training resources as content experts. Perform Sales Training during phase training sessions, trade shows, and sales meetings.
• Provide Field Sales with updates on product, services, and market changes.
• Be a resource to Field Sales and respond to point of sales questions and requests.
• Develop and implement the promotional plans and materials including: mailings, advertising, product literature, speakers, web marketing, digital marketing outlets, etc.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of successful experience in a marketing and/or sales position.
• Experience in the medical industry is preferred.
• Experience bringing new products to market is highly preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in the product development process preferred.
• Outstanding, proven communication skills (written, group presentations, etc.) are required.
• Proven ability to work closely with a field sales team is required.
• Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills are required.
• Strong strategic and analytical skills including forecasting, sales analysis, and ROI analysis are required
• Proven ability to work with internal customers through strong collaboration and external customers.
Willing to travel over weekends and holidays, US and international travel (25%).
Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment, foreign language skills are desirable.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.