Material Developer Chemist
Material Developer Chemist
We are currently looking for a Material Development Chemist for our location in Nyíregyháza, Hungary. As part of a central R&D Materials Group this role will be responsible for development and optimization of serial materials (rubber compounds) for ContiTech Advanced Dynamics Solutions (ADS) worldwide. This person will ensure expectations of the customers met and that Continental maintains its position as a leader of Technology in the area of air suspension, precision sealing and vibration isolation in commercial, automotive, industrial and rail markets. You will contribute to development and maintenance of best-in-class products!
• Interface to series process development in the production plants worldwide (production and compounding plants) for rubber compounds, plastics, reinforcements (textile and steel cords), adhesives, etc.
• Industrialization of new and optimization of existing materials and materials technologies
• Support of new developments and cost improvements
• Participate on evaluation & approval of new raw materials, sustainability initiatives and innovation projects
• Support of process development (compounding/mixing parameters, extrusion, calandering, molding, etc.)
• Organize, direct and evaluate material tests (rheological, mechanical, chemical, physical properties)
• Prepare documentation and reporting by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
• Support and provide guidance to colleagues from other departments regarding rubber technology related topics and chemical expertise
• Drive activities to improve and standardize procedures as a part of lean organization
• Maintain a close and positive working relation with Corporate areas and other plants
• Maintain a strong and trust based network with key interfaces worldwide
• Academic degree in Material Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other related fields
• Background in development of rubber, elastomers or similar preferable
• Knowledge of the manufacturing equipment and requirements to produce rubber products
• Understanding of polymer and rubber technology fundamentals
• Analytical thinking and collaborational skills
• Sense of urgency in completing projects on time and effectively
• Intercultural Fluency
• Project management experience
• Fluent English and Hungarian language skills
• Travel may be necessary
What do we offer:
• Competitive salary package
• Long-term carrier opportunities at a multinational company
The Business Area ContiTech develops, produces and markets products, systems and intelligent components made from rubber, plastic, metal and textiles. These products are used in mining, the agricultural industry, railway engineering mechanical and plant engineering, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.
Continental is formulating regulations for flexible working conditions in 21 countries, at all levels and for all employees based at these locations. The package includes offers for mobile work, part-time and flexible working hours, and sabbaticals.
Mehr Jobangebote von Continental AG
Weitere Angebote im Stellenmarkt