The Material Sales Specialist position is a highly skilled and highly technical sales position which relies heavily on consultative selling skills to meet customer requirements and individual/territorial sales targets. Success requires strong customer support and sales skills, both product and application, for Materials EM and X-ray/CT products in the assigned academic and industry market in their defined territory. This requires technical knowledge of each of the various systems and components and excellent time management skills.
Official quotations are created by the Material Science Sales Specialist for all EM and X-ray/CT products in combination with additional components as required.
- Submits monthly forecast per the defined process.
- Organization of and participation in regional workshops and seminars within defined territory, and involving specialists as needed for the various products outlined above and on as needed basis
- Participation at national conventions, regional meetings and seminars
- Compliance with ad hoc and scheduled management requests for feedback and data
- Perform presentations of assigned products (independently and in a team setting) at demonstrations, meetings, seminars, and workshops using the corporate approach and professional presentation tools
- High-level knowledge of latest EM and X-ray/CT technologies, including hardware and software
- Active communication Field personal and Regional Managers to align projects and leads/ opportunities and coordinate workshops/ customer meetings/ customer events
- Active participation in on-going personal development, including self-inspired or corporate training, both product- and sales-related, based on dialogue with management on an ad hoc basis.
- Primary duties and responsibilities centered around Sales achievement include: Customer Support, Installation and Training, and Product Support:
- Bachelor degree or higher in Material/ Electronic/ Geoscience/ Natural or Applied Science preferred from an accredited college or university.
- Strongly prefer technical knowledge of high-end electron/ Ion microscopy and/ or X-Ray/CT technology.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, and strong presentation skills required.
- Prior experience in technical sales (preferably in the Electron Micrscope and/or x-ray/CT space) and managing a field coverage area for technical sales or product support.
- Positive “can do” attitude coupled with a willingness to continuously acquire product and application knowledge independently.
- Knowledge and experience in material related applications is a huge plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically (50% +) and seldom overseas.
- In addition to sales function, may asked to work in assigned teams on defined projects as directed by management.
- Must have driving record in good standing, a valid U.S. driver license.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.