The Regional Lab Manager will be accountable for service, quality, cost management, and leadership of operational functions within their lab. They receive assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals. Typically works on a several functions with at least 1 employees and is involved in hiring, termination, job duties and discipline of exempt and non-exempt employees according to policies and management guidelines. Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees. Supervises Lab Supervisor and collaborates closely with other Regional and National labs for optimum service.
• Develop and maintain a strong leadership team
• Strengthen and maintain the company’s image and reputation – drive company initiatives
• Monitor and improve on industry trends related to lab operations
• Uphold safety standards as defined by the company, local, state and federal guidelines to ensure a safe working environment
• Lead and support efforts related to the onsite safety committee
• Utilize a variety of tools to track, solve and maintain positive KPI’s (key performance indicators)
• Conduct activities designed to grow the core knowledge of associates working toward defect reduction
• Embrace outside assistance from subject matter experts as needed
• Drive and sustain process improvements
• Build a culture that recognizes that customers have alternative choices to our products and services
• Work directly with customers, sales, marketing and other departments to ensure our goals align
• Plan, direct and manage daily activities related to WIP (work in process) including appropriate staffing levels
• Monitor spending at the lab level and drive cost saving measures
• Focus operating efforts against measurable performance requirements and financial targets
• Monitor capacity requirements to achieve organizational goals
• Bachelor’s degree in related field; or in lieu of degree 10 years’ experience required
• Previous management experience required
• LEAN, Six Sigma or ISO certification preferred
• Track record exceeding customer expectations
• Knowledge of routing/tracking work within a network
• Managerial courage to accept constructive feedback and react appropriately
• Effective communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to develop line leaders to meet daily tasks through exceptional leadership and fostering a positive learning environment
• Strong working application of Microsoft Office
• Proven track record of rational / analytical approach to complex problems
• Maintain true to documented processes for consistency
• Previous experience successfully managing operation financial P&L’s
• Ability to interpret and share data at various levels within the organization
• Provide accountability to achieving goals
• Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment.
• Ability to focus for long periods of time, visual acuity (natural or corrected) to 20/20
• Have attention to detail and symmetry
• Have solid dexterity and mechanical skills
• Dependable, able to follow directions either written or verbal
• Ability to communicate with other associates in a clear, concise manner
• Professional demeanor
Establishes objectives and manages activities. Responsible for implementing operational and strategic policies and directives. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s). Regional Lab Managers are generally not working on the production line.
May manage thru subordinates, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing. It's part of the Regional Lab Manager's job scope to find ways to improve process/workflow on production line (if needed). In addition, finds root causes of issues and develops solutions to resolve issues.
Knowledge of Optical Rx Lens manufacturing machinery and equipment a plus.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.