The Fraunhofer IAP, with branch offices in Schkopau, Teltow, Wildau, Schwarzheide, and Hamburg, offers a broad spectrum of material and process developments based on bio-based and synthetic polymers on a laboratory and pilot plant scale. As part of the Fraunhofer IAP, the Hamburg-based Fraunhofer Center CAN specializes in the development of novel materials based on wet-chemical nanoparticle technology.
For the Potsdam-Golm site, we are looking for a PhD student in the area of functional polymers as soon as possible.
- A successfully completed scientific degree in chemistry or material science
- Knowledge of synthesis and characterizing of photocurable monomers/oligomers
- Technical talents and a great interest in material development for 3D printing of medical devices
- Skills in analytical methods and conceptual thinking
- Team-working, organizational aptitude, high motivation, and knowledge of German and English
- Competent handling of computer systems, MS-Office products, and measurement software
- You are willing to write scientific papers
- A professional and dynamic working atmosphere
- Opportunities for professional and personal developments
- Working on interdisciplinary topics with academic institutes and industrial partners
- Excellent laboratory and analytical equipment
Your main field of activity:
- Independent preparation of photo-curable monomers/oligomers and characterization of their physical/chemical properties
- Planning of experiments, in particular, to adapt the mechanical properties and biocompatibility of 3D printed materials
- Documentation of the research results and their presentations at project meetings and scientific conferences
- You are closely involved in the Federal Ministry of Education and Research – BMBF project FlexLoop
Die Stelle ist auf 3 Jahre befristet.
Die wöchentliche Arbeitszeit beträgt 39 Stunden.
Schwerbehinderte Menschen werden bei gleicher Eignung bevorzugt eingestellt.
Wir weisen darauf hin, dass die gewählte Berufsbezeichnung auch das dritte Geschlecht miteinbezieht.
Die Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft legt Wert auf eine geschlechtsunabhängige berufliche Gleichstellung.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
For further information please contact:
Dr. Wolfdietrich Meyer
We would be glad if you use the possibility of online application, but also letter applications are welcome using the tender number IAP-2020-3.
Fraunhofer-Institut für Angewandte Polymerforschung
|Kennziffer: IAP-2020-3||Bewerbungsfrist: 29.02.2020|