The Fraunhofer Institute for Microelectronic Circuits and Systems IMS, as part of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, is one of the leading microelectronics research institutes in Europe. Our Microelectronics Intelligence group undertakes advanced research into design of next generation of electronic circuits for Artificial Intelligent systems.
Towards this end, we are now seeking new doctoral students to join us in developing AI systems on a chip. We aim to build low power chips for sensory systems which learn from what they sense. As an example, we will build a neural network on chip which will learn features like security intrusion as well as biomedical features when connected to a digital camera leading to an intelligent imaging solution. These will significantly improve our understanding of disease, treatment as well as our future security.
- Research and implementation of novel circuits or memories for intelligent systems
- Simulation, layout and test of the integrated circuits
- Presentation of results in international conferences and workshops
- Support in the acquisition of new projects
- A Master’s degree in electrical engineering with very good grades
- Know-how in microelectronics and semiconductor theory
- Ambition for research and thirst of knowledge
- Ability to work independently as well as in multidisciplinary teams
The position is limited to 3 years.
The weekly worktime is 39 hours.
Schwerbehinderte Menschen werden bei gleicher Eignung bevorzugt eingestellt.
Wir weisen darauf hin, dass die gewählte Berufsbezeichnung auch das dritte Geschlecht miteinbezieht.
Die Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft legt Wert auf eine geschlechtsunabhängige berufliche Gleichstellung.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new Vistas.
Please apply exclusively online using the button "Bewerben".
Unfortunately we cannot consider applications by email or mail.
Please contact Mrs Anja Schwarzkopf for further questions.
phone +49 203 3783-2913