The position is part of the DFG-funded collaborative research consortium TRR 305 that will become the largest metastasis research consortia in Europe, comprising 18 interdisciplinary research and three core projects between Universities of Regensburg, FAU Erlangen and the Fraunhofer Society.
- MSc degree (or equivalent) in life sciences (e.g. biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular medicine or other relevant fields)
- Strong interest in cancer biology and immuno-oncology (background in and prior practical experience with cancer biology methods would be an asset).
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and/or microfluidic cultivation systems is highly appreciated (e.g. prior experience in cultivation and characterization of primary tumor/immune cells as well as tumor 3D models, potentially on organ chips, would confer a strong advantage).
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starting personality, commitment, enthusiasm, adaptability, team player, and positive attitude.
- Very good verbal communication and writing skills in English. Basic knowledge of German language is beneficial.
- Ability to work independently as well as in an international Team.
- You will be associated to the Medical School Hannover’s “Hannover Biomedical Research School” (HBRS)’s PhD program as well as the specific educational program of TRR 305.
- We offer you an exciting and innovative research at the interface between precision oncology, development of preclinical models and metastasis research.
- You will have the opportunity to work in an infrastructure equipped with state of the art technologies and to impact the life of cancer patients by implementing bed-to-bench-to-bed personalized therapy approaches.
- You will become part of a dynamic team in an innovative and international scientific environment (academic, pharmaceutical, biotech, diagnostic and clinical partners).
Remuneration up to TVöD pay grade 13 (dependent on qualifications).
The remuneration is 65% of an EG 13 TVöD.
The position is initially limited to 3 years.
The weekly working time is 65% of a fulltime-position.
People with disabilities are given preference if equally qualified.
Please note that the chosen occupational title also includes the third gender. The Fraunhofer Society emphasises genderindependent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new Vistas.
Applications must include a motivation letter, curriculum vitae (with publication list, if applicable), a brief description of research experience and a concept paper on how to tackle this specific project (about ½ page – ¾ page max.) as well as contact information of two references. Applications without concept paper will not be considered.
For more information:
Questions about this position will be answered by:
Prof. Dr. Armin Braun
Tel: +49 511 5350-263
|Kennziffer: ITEM-2021-17||Bewerbungsfrist: 10.03.2021|