The Planner/ Buyer establishes planning parameters and forecasts for assigned products to ensure parts availability for manufacturing and service demands. Works with vendors to place and expedite purchase orders. Controls the execution of the production plan through manufacturing to ensure a leveled workload and optimal use of resources.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities and taking actions to improve parts availability for manufacturing and service demands.
- Ensures that all activities comply with US Government requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Assists in establishing planning guidelines to ensure best usage of resources and maintain smooth workload in Manufacturing.
- Acts as an interface with Customer Care and Sales
- Two year college degree in business or related field or three to five years professional experience in a Procurement, Manufacturing, Planning, or Inventory Control function
- Understanding of ERP systems
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Professional interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in intercultural teams
- Self-motivated individual who shows initiative to take on additional assignments
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.