Schweiz, Basel-Stadt, Basel
Who we are (Global):
At Roche, over 90,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity, and on seeing each other’s differences as an advantage. To innovate healthcare, Roche has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.
At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work every single day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
“Small Molecules Technical Development” (PTDC) brings a broad range of experience across drug substance (DS), drug product (DP), analytical sciences and manufacturing S&T, and collaborates closely with key partners in the departments Research and Early Development (pRED / gRED), Pharma Technical Development PTD and Commercial Manufacturing (PTG). PTDC is responsible for late stage technical development of our small molecules (SM) pipeline, manufacture of DS and DP for clinical studies and the transfer to the SM manufacturing network.
As a Postdoctoral Fellow, you will develop and implement state-of-the-art methodologies and a computational toolbox to use measured particle properties to design formulation compositions for oral dosage forms (meaning primarily tablets).
This position is part of the Drug Product Small Molecules Development organization, reporting to the Section Head of Formulation and Process Sciences, working closely with colleagues in Formulation and Process Research & Development (intended users of the methods and tools) and Particle and Formulation Characterization (subject matter experts in measurements and their use).
In this position you will:
- Develop quantitative methods to help design drug product formulations and develop computer-aided tools to enable these methods
- Combine computer/modelling/IT techniques and material science insights with an understanding of pharmaceutical development to develop methods and tools to design drug product formulations
- Interact with material scientists, data scientist, formulators to match requirements with scientific breakthroughs and possibilities offered by 21st century computing tools
- Publish your findings
Who you are:
A highly motivated scientist with dual experience in:
materials science and modeling and simulation, or
- material science and IT/data science
- Someone who enjoys and has experience in creative, data-driven quantitative modeling
- You have very good interpersonal and communication skills, are able to build good working relationships, and are a great teammate
- Your experience and investigative attitude allow you to work independently, to learn about new scientific areas, and to embark on new scientific methodologies
- PhD in materials science, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, or solid state chemistry
- Flair for modelling, statistics, data science and/or software development and ideally experience proven through activities
- Track record of scientific publications as journal articles and conference talks
- Fluency in written and spoken English; German is a plus
The start date of this fellowship is 1st January 2020, or on availability. Please clearly indicate your preferred starting date on your motivation letter. All applications always need to include a CV, motivation letter and a certificate of your PhD.
Do you know what Roche stands for? Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you still have questions, then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq
Tags: ROiQQ ROiLS ROiCH ROiPS ROiEE ROiCE ROiMS