Schweiz, Basel-Stadt, Basel
At Roche, we believe in the urgency of delivering medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision-making and taking action. We believe that good business means a better world.
“Small Molecules Technical Development” (PTDC) brings a broad range of experience across drug substance (DS), drug product (DP), analytical sciences and manufacturing S&T and collaborates closely with key partners in the departments Research and Early Development (pRED / gRED), Pharma Technical Development PTD and Commercial Manufacturing (PTG). PTDC is responsible for late stage technical development of our small molecules (SM) pipeline, manufacture of DS and DP for clinical studies and the transfer to the SM manufacturing network.
This position is part of the Drug Substance Small Molecules Development organization, working closely with colleagues in Solid State Sciences and Process Chemistry & Catalysis.
In this fellowship you will
- Work in a small team of modelling specialists and experimental scientists
- Collaborate with experimental scientists and support them in applying M&S to their daily development work (e.g., process optimization, scale-up, design space development)
- Develop “simplified” user interface for generalist application for various unit operations (e.g., crystallization, reactions and distillation)
- Develop and test workflows for model parameter estimations
- Support continuous reaction and crystallization modeling
- Interact with chemists, particle engineers and external partners in order to develop a practical and effective workflows
- Publish your findings
- A PhD in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering / Process Engineering / Technical Chemistry or a related field (defended no more than 3 years ago)
- Proven experience in process modeling, including software application/development for different unit operations (e.g., distillation, crystallization, reaction etc.)
- Experience in the field of solid process engineering and/or chemical reaction engineering as well as the application of process modeling software/tools
- Efficiency in finding pragmatic solutions
- Excellent written and oral English skills (German is a plus)
- A rigorous scientist who’s passionate about innovation
- Displaying excellent critical thinking, self-initiative and a strong sense of accountability
- Able to make scientific results of your work understandable to employees with different backgrounds, to contribute to the achievement of the overall objective
- Capable of building and fostering relationships and have excellent communication skills
You are someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you receive the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Working in a multi-cultural environment motivates you. As a fast learner you actively drive the quality of the requirements.
- CV (including list of publications)
- Motivation Letter (including desired starting date)
The start date of this fellowship is March 2020 or upon availability. Please clearly indicate your preferred starting date in your motivation letter.
Are you ready to apply? We're seeking someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche. When applying for this position, already project yourself in the future. Think about what could come next and how you would like to build your future.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are dedicated to building a team that represents a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq