About the Voith Group
The Voith Group is a global technology company. With its broad portfolio of systems, products, services and digital applications, Voith sets standards in the markets of energy, paper, raw materials and transport & automotive. Founded in 1867, the company today has around 21,000 employees, sales of € 4.9 billion and locations in over 60 countries worldwide and is thus one of the larger family-owned companies in Europe.
For the Voith Hydro division Manufacturing department, we are looking for:
Probationary Welder Trainee
Interested to learn about Voith? Check out our video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xOifeDxLac
Reasons you’ll love working here:
- Career development: Plan on developing both professionally and personally. Voith Learning & Development team creates classes, seminars, and beyond-the-classroom tools that help employees understand Voith’s culture, organization, values, and role in the world. Voith also provide Tuition Reimbursement for all employees past the first year of employment.
- Working Environment: Safe, climate-controlled workshop, clean shop, an average tenure over 10 years of service within Voith.
We looking for a candidate to work on second shift (3:00 PM to 11:00 PM Mon-Fri) or third shift (11:00 PM to 7:00am Sun-Thur)
Shift differential for off-shifts of $1.00/hour. Vacation after 500 hours and full benefit package kicks in within 30 days.
We are seeking a Welder I to support our North American Hydro division in York, PA. In the position you will work on unique one-off components for some of the largest hydroelectric machines in the world welding various thicknesses and grades of steel. The ideal candidate will possess a strong aptitude to learn and be able to pass ASME welder qualifications.
- Basic discipline aptitude/attitude.
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (stick) 2G both SST & CS.
- Flux Cored Arc Welding (Dual Shield) 2G, 3G both SST & CS.
- Additional Welding Qualifications as determined by Management.
- Arcing, back gouging & NDE of back gouge.
- Pass a welder and elementary blueprint reading course with 70% or better.
- Grinding, clean and protect parts before leaving production area.
- Simple fabrication assembly of components.
- Perform 15 ton or less straight crane lifts.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED
- Gas Metal Arc Welding
- Flux Cored Arc Welding
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
- Submerged Arc Welding
- Electro Slag Welding
- Robot Welding / Plasma cutting
- Plasma cutting by hand
* This job description is not all encompassing, however, is intended to be a general description of the responsibilities of this position.
Don’t meet every single requirement but think you would be a good fit for our team? We encourage you to apply – your unique skills may be just what we need for this or other roles!
Voith US Inc. is an EEO/AA/VEVRAA compliant Federal Contractor and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in the industry including people of color, LGBTQI+ community, women, individuals with disabilities (both seen and unseen), Veterans, people of any age or family status. We embrace the competitive advantage that diversity brings and we strive to create a working environment that is inclusive of thought and talent.