The Sensor Technician is responsible for the complete assembly, acceptance, and packaging of a current US sensor product. When finished, the final product will be ready to ship to a customer. This position requires precision detailed bench-top assembly work with the occasional use of magnifiers and microscopes.
- The technician prepares components for the assembly of the sensor.
- Once the main assembly is complete, the technician conducts initial testing of the sensor on the Endurance or Precheck stations depending on sensor type.
- After initial testing, the technician runs the appropriate final acceptance testing program on the acceptance PC and the CMM.
- If acceptance is successful, then the technician packages the sensor and records the acceptance on a network-connected PC.
- Adherence to 6S and Lean Manufacturing principles will be required.
- Must be skilled with using basic precision hand tools (screwdrivers, tweezers, wire cutters, X-Acto type knives, etc.).
- Must have basic computer proficiency skills with Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Must be able to read and follow written assembly procedures.
- Soldering knowledge is desired but not required as this will be taught.
- The ability to read an engineering drawing is a plus.
- Good close-in vision is required (use of external devices is acceptable)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficient at basic math and comfortable with the metric system
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
- Position requires prolonged periods of sitting
- The use of solvents and strong chemicals such as isopropyl alcohol, acetone, cyanoacrylate glues, and epoxies among others will be required and personal protective equipment will be supplied.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.