The Last Mile team within Amazon Logistics is looking for a Program Manager to coordinate Amazon's logistics Last Mile vehicle supply chain capabilities in Europe. At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. One experience that we’re constantly improving is how we fulfil and deliver orders right to the customer's doorstep. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small are delivered where and when they need them, as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class delivery experiences through the introduction of innovative new products and services in the Last Mile Delivery space. This is an interesting opportunity to have a key role in the rapidly growing Amazon Logistics (AMZL) organization. The Last Mile initiative is a highly visible program (internally and with our customers).
The Program Manager for Last Mile will be responsible for coordinating the up-fitting and deployment of our EU commercial vehicle fleet from the order placement to the final distribution for end-customer delivery. You will prepare accurate plans, liaise with supply chain partners, and track adherence to ensure the timely and effective deployment of our EU commercial vehicle fleet. You need to be comfortable handling highly complex relationships with external parties and coordinating multiple internal Amazon teams to achieve your goals. An ideal candidate will be analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work with limited supervision under time constraints to meet deadlines. The candidate will have proven experience in taking on end-to-end ownership, process management, quality assurance and effectively delivering results in a ever-growing and progressive business environment.
Some of the key job functions are:
· Manages and tracks the successful on time deployment of vehicles from OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) up fit partners to our delivery stations and delivery service partners.
· Is capable of taking accountability and directing planning, resolution and execution.
· Track on-time deployments, see risks before they happen and ensure solutions are in place, while accounting for the flexibility needs of our fleet operations teams.
· Is comfortable and agile with supply chain partners on timelines, quality of service and other potential bottlenecks.
· Responsible for delivering the key metrics – program performance, on-time execution and quality assurance. Including the ability to aggregate information and to present key information to internal and external stakeholders.
· Solid ownership and bias for action; ability to internalize goals and create appropriate action plans for those goals.
· Completed bachelor's degree or higher.
· Solid experience and proven ability handling complex supply chain programs/processes with multiple internal and external actors.
· Great analytical orientation; comfort making data-based decisions.
· Experience in aggregating information and communicating effectively to internal and external stakeholders, incl. Amazon senior management.
· A record of accomplishment in delivering results in a scrappy, ever-growing environment.
· A history of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
· Fluency in 1 or more European languages will be an advantage.
· Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.