Do you want a motivating job working with Digitalisation, Transformation, Security and Innovation projects? Are you motivated by a meaningful role contributing to Vattenfall’s strategic goal of being fossil-free within one generation?
Then, join Vattenfall IT as our new team of international IT Project Managers.
Our IT Project Managers lead projects of various natures and sizes through the whole of the Vattenfall Group, from supporting new apps for R&D to improving the CRM systems, from business specific applications to data center transformations. With the support of the Project Management Office team, our IT Project Managers lead multidisciplinary and international teams and contribute directly to Vattenfall strategy. As a person, you are action-driven and result-oriented, open to new challenges and diversity of people and projects.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage IT projects/programs from business case through development to production GoLive
- Grasp a project value, timeframe and deliverables from the point of view of the business unit who is the customer
- Be the interface between the business unit and the rest of Vattenfall IT, coordinating interactions between different stakeholders (Business Units, Solution Architects, other IT departments, external providers, etc.)
- Plan, execute, follow-up, and deliver projects according to or above customer expectations
- Support and master the Vattenfall IT tools and ways of working and ensure adherence to Vattenfall standards and instructions
- Work in international teams, actively bridging cultural differences
We are looking for you with:
- At the very least 3 years of work experience, preferably working with IT
- A genuine interest in technology and IT
- A driven and organized team-player with outstanding communication skills and a problem solving mindset
- A relevant certification (IPMA, Prince2, PMP etc.) and Experience with Project Management Methodologies (PROPS etc.)
- Experience in Agile Methodologies is a plus
- Ability to build and maintain trustful working relationships to peers, internal customers and staff
- The ability to work independently and navigate a large organization with multiple interests and stakeholders
- A positive and open personality with a sense of humor
- Fluency in English (writing/speaking) is required. German or Polish is an extra asset.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Words from the team:
Robert: State-of-the-art project management procedures and dedicated portfolio-/assurance staff make me feel highly confident that I can tackle any project challenge coming my way!
Raul: I get very excited about the “experiments” and proof of concepts to support electro-mobility, installations such as that in Åre and a decided inroads with digitalisation
Words from the manager:
“Our team is very diverse in terms of competences, experiences and personalities, but we all share a can-do attitude and the commitment to a job well done. Above any professional talent, we are looking for people with this genuine drive to deliver that makes a good Project Manager.”
Location: Vattenfall IT Hamburg/Berlin/Katowice/Gliwice
Some international travel required.
Process and time line:
Trade union representatives in Sweden via Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00 Sofi Wadström (Akademikerna), Inger Strandberg (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Lennart Bengtsson (SEKO).
Since Vattenfall is a part of the Swedish critical infrastructure, many of our services are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates might be subjected to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Hiring Manager, Tomasz Watras, firstname.lastname@example.org. For information about the recruitment process, please contact Recruiter Carina Böhle, +49 40 79022 1623.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
VIT referral bonus program: Invite your network to work for Vattenfall IT. IT employees referring the open job to their network will get a bonus for a successful employment.
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference. Do you have any questions about the application process or how we deal with COVID-19? Please visit our please visit our generic FAQ page. in advance.