At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth believing that our neighbours are our customers. The Amazon Logistics Community Operations program defines the roadmap for ensuring Amazon Logistics delivers positive net impact in the communities where we operate and deliver today and in the future.
The Amazon Logistics Community Operations team is looking for a Regional Program Manger to work with communities in available North (Hamburg, Hanover), West (Cologne, Frankfurt), East (Berlin) and South (Munich) Regions. This role will report into a Senior Manager responsible for overseeing community operations within a broader region.
We are looking for candidates who are comfortable working in an ambiguous type environment and excel at building and improving existing systems that reach across multiple internal and external stakeholder groups.
You will be accountable for creating local as well as regional strategy plans that align with the global product. The role will work backwards from the needs of the community to design innovative, scalable solutions that create net community benefit. To be successful in the role you must be will be an articulate, persuasive communicator and professional writer, who naturally earns trust in relationships.
The role is highly visible within AMZL and provide opportunity to influence thinking across multiple teams and businesses.
• Understand the needs and specific opportunities that exist in neighbourhoods where Amazon Logistics operates and how our operations impact those neighbourhoods. Using these insights to develop Amazon Logistics operational improvements when required.
• Represent Amazon Logistics in discussions with local government, public offices, business and residents communities to gather feedback on the impact our operations has in these communities.
• Identify opportunities for partnership on community outreach and develop local level, proactive community outreach plans for Amazon delivery stations.
• Support the development of and implement local level mechanisms and inspection points to improve delivery station processes and activities, which affect the community.
• Dive deep to identify the root cause of any community escalations. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to design the operational changes that eliminates or reduces the identified root cause ensuring community members are engaged through the change process.
• Consider the Amazon corporate reputation in neighbourhoods where we operate and recommend ways to increase brand awareness.
• Collaborate with internal teams to launch new delivery stations. Develop community outreach campaigns and support on boarding the new station leadership teams.
• Collaborate closely with Amazon's Public Policy, PR, Operations, Infrastructure, Real Estate teams and other business partners regarding new investments, site expansions and requirements.
• Collaborate closely with Public Policy partners to understand upcoming legislation affecting operations.
• This is a field role and will require travel as needed
• Fluent in English and German (written and verbal)
· Completed Bachelor’s Degree.
· Experience in community relations, public policy, government affairs, Sustainability and CSR, Operations or public relations.
· Prior Experience driving change in Program management roles.
· Proven ability to identify, analyse, and solve ambiguous problems to make business decisions using relevant data and insights.
· Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions with community interests as a focal point.
· Experience in multi-level communication and influencing both verbally and in writing.
· Proven ability to influence and improve results laterally and remotely through cross-functional colleagues.
· Experience within supply chain and logistics.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
If you need us to make any adjustments throughout the recruitment process due to a disability (including, but not limited to neurodiverse or mental health conditions), or any other health issue please let us know by contacting email@example.com.