At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
The Sales Engineer/Expert for Automotive Batteries is responsible for identifying and driving technical projects at our existing and future battery customers which are manufacturing battery cells, modules and/or packs. Battery customers are defined as new emerging cell suppliers, established cell or module suppliers as well as automotive OEMs that are designing new battery cell concepts in-house or in a Joint Venture / partnership.
Your task will be also to identify potential applications for new battery cell/module concepts and completely new technologies such as solid-state battery. You will be part of an e-Mobility team that is at Henkel responsible for a fast growing and exciting business with solutions for electric vehicles based on Henkel’s excellent capabilities in thermal materials, adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. You have the lead for building up relationship to our existing and new customers and for successfully closing business opportunities on battery projects.
The tasks are the followings:
- Main technical and commercial interface to the customer
- Understand key technical customer requirements and specifications
- Get technical and commercial approvals on battery applications for Henkel products
- Daily close collaboration with design and material engineers for battery systems
- Establishment, development and maintenance of a network to existing and new battery manufacturers and their partners
- Project Management to drive projects from first design discussion to prototyping to approval to production scale-up phase and first sales
- Involve internal stakeholders at Henkel, e.g. research and development team to get support for achieving the technical customer approval
- Leverage your battery expertise across the Henkel e-Mobility Team