Amazon Web Services (AWS) is hiring senior-level Customer Delivery Architects (CDA) in our Customer Segment Professional Services group.
The Customer Delivery Architect (CDA) is a new growth role within Professional Services, and is principally oriented around a qualify-deliver-manage model. The CDA is responsible for partnering with the Professional Services leadership to dive deep into enterprise customer’s business challenge, to collaboratively propose and pre-qualify a particular set of outcomes that would result from a formal Professional Services engagement. Thereafter, the CDA remains meaningfully engaged with that customer, Amazon team and project/program to ensure high-value, predictable, and successful delivery.
This is not a pure consultant role, nor is it a pure selling role. It is an individual with a unique hybrid of AWS platform expertise and hands-on building, coupled with cross-industry business acumen, including a heavy dose of passion for continued knowledge acquisition and growth, obsession for customers, and their success using AWS that will align well with the desired outcomes to be produced.
The CDA role is customer-facing. CDA’s are members of the AWS Professional Services customer segment team, and travel to customer locations is required.We are growing our business in life science and healtcare and are looking for CDAs that like to work in regulated environment and want to work with leading pharmaceutical and life science companies.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Formulate and execute strategies to accelerate customer outcomes through AWS Professional Services engagements so that customer executives clearly realise the financial benefits and transformational value of AWS data and analytics solutions.
· As a key member of the Account and Professional Services Go-To-Market teams, ensure success in designing, building, optimising, transforming or migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform.
· Lead pre-sales architectural discussions and design workshops with customers, and understand customer’s business and technical requirements deeply to create world-class solutions built on AWS while ensuring such solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud and drive business outcomes.
· Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and proof of concepts
· In partnership with the ProServe leadership and account team, formulate and execute a strategy to accelerate customer outcomes through the adoption of AWS in conjunction with Professional Services engagements working backwards from customer needs.
· Build deep relationships with senior technical and business individuals within customers demonstrating thought-leadership to inspire and enable them to be AWS cloud advocates.
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge, sales and delivery content amongst the AWS Professional Services community
· A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects and/or IT consulting experience as technical leader in customer-facing role
· Experience in the pharmaceutical & life science industry
· Technical acumen and the ability to understand the customer landscape, identify opportunities and overcome any technical obstacles, ultimately influencing the adoption of AWS platform to meet or exceed business requirements.
· Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of technology platforms with infrastructure, network, compute, storage, virtualization experience
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
· Pre-sales experience, working with customers and stakeholders and driving outcomes with demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
· Implementation experience with primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3).
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· Extended travel to customer locations may be required as needed to sell and deliver Professional Services
· Hands-on AWS experience
· Demonstrated industry leadership experience in big data processing, database, data warehousing and/or data sciences
· Deep understanding of data, application, server, and network security
· Experience with statistics, machine learning (ML) and predictive modelling