Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a world-class leader to join our team and accelerate the adoption of AWS cloud computing services worldwide via partner solutions. As Partner Development Manager (PDM) for a category of Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Startup partners, with B2B services, you will lead the partnership GTM engagement. These partners will typically be active with some sales track record and the your objective is to help them grow into more successful companies. The individual will experienced with and help in the creation of GTM programs, and how to apply them with Startups. You will leverage other AWS resources to help in the co-marketing and co-selling process, and will engage directly with the AWS and Partner sales and marketing teams to drive field enablement, field alignment and incremental joint opportunities. You will also own the overall GTM co-selling goal including implementing programs that will drive partner awareness and support AWS-sourced opportunities.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished leader with a strong background in selling technology, experienced at influencing innovation with technology partners and with the presence to engage executive decision makers. You will have strong business development, product management, strategic alliances, and entrepreneurial skills, with experience in working for or with Startups. You can demonstrate an ability to think strategically about new business models, solution selling, and show prior solution and program successes.
AWS customers are developing some of the most exciting and innovative new businesses, and partners are using cloud technologies from AWS such as AI and Machine Learning, IoT, security services, compute and storage to dramatically accelerate innovation.
· Together with the overall partner and Startup team, define and execute a plan to help our most strategic Start Up partners in the DACH region transform and grow their businesses for SaaS and Cloud.
· Orchestrate different resources within the AWS organization to support co-selling and GTM activities and create/ maintain a long-term, scalable joint GTM model that drives partner and customer success.
· Collaborate with sales and partner teams to qualify, develop, and execute campaigns to generate new business opportunities in EMEA.
· Be the "Go To" resource to ensure key high-profile joint sales opportunities are sourced, developed and closed.
· Support sales and marketing execution across activities, including coordination of demand and lead generation-related and joint sales enablement activities between your ISV partners
· Manage regular pipeline reviews to ensure pipeline information is thorough and accurate according to AWS’ sales cycle stages.
· Broker internal resources, tools, references and/or investments needed to execute on the business plans in order to help meet the set goals.
· Significant experience in the technology sales and marketing, partner management, business development, product management
· Direct experience working with technology startups
· Experience in business-to-business (B2B) software, including Software as a Service or other cloud-based technologies
· Experience working for a SaaS company and/or building a partner ecosystem with solutions or innovation programs
· Knowledge of the end user computing, contact center and customer engagement markets
· Experience managing joint GTM initiatives with technology partners, including development and tracking of joint sell-with and sell-through business activities
· Verbal and written communication skills, in English and German, with experience articulating concepts to cross-functional audiences
Candidates can be located from anywhere in EMEA.
· Bachelor engineering or business, or above degree. MBA is a plus
· Motivated self-starter who thrives on working in complex and challenging environments of a rapidly evolving business
· Directly sold, supported, or marketed to clients and partners across different market segments
· Analytical tendencies with a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn and iterate in order to develop scalable programs
· Strong project management skills with experience gaining consensus and driving timely deliverables with individuals inside and outside the organization
· Willing to travel to meet with partners, customers and internal stakeholders, attend events and support field teams on site
· Familiarity with Salesforce.com and other sales and marketing tools