At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring a Global Engagement Manager to lead AWS consultants, partner, and client teams in our Global Practice, leading Professional Services engagements for world’s largest global banks, insurance companies, capital markets and financial services software vendors. Global Engagement Managers, manage and deliver AWS cloud products and services that enable our customers to realize their business objectives. These professional services engagements focus on the full platform of AWS customer solutions to help our customers and partners remove constraints and accelerate their journey to AWS.
AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective AWS customer experience, best practices, and obsessing about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organisation to bring access to product, service, and training teams, to deliver the right solutions and drive feature innovations for our customers across all industries. Engagement Managers help Customers make decisions to meet their technical and business objectives by providing best practices, proactively identifying and closing project gaps.
This is a global role for an established leader with the opportunity to lead AWS professional services engagements in companies headquartered in EMEA for engagements worldwide.
· Plan, organise, and manage all phases of a project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery. This includes developing and managing project governance plans, project schedules, team goals, defining success criteria, project milestones, and budgets.
· Plays an active role in managing project goals and driving teams to achieve customers’ business outcomes by managing issues, risks, decisions, and action items.
· Ability to take ownership, work under pressure and meet deadlines on time.
· Ability to challenge, recommend and redirect teams as well as manage client expectations during the engagement.
· Takes proactive steps to ensure teams meet or exceed customer expectations.
· Works effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
· Results-oriented, priorities work activities, plans and stays organised in order to meet commitments.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with team members and audiences of all levels.
· Interfaces with various customer and internal AWS stakeholders which consists of senior leadership teams (C-level execs, SVP/VP, Directors) and project level resources such as SMEs.
· Plans and oversees the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
· Demonstrates the ability to understand the operating styles of others as well as team/client relationships, team dynamics, and adjusts behaviour accordingly to succeed. Recognises environmental or cultural nuances and adapts.
· Excellent presentation, communication (oral & written), and relationship building skills, across all levels of management.
· Proven success in working with teams and executive leadership in a complex, global company environment
· Team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members (local or remote), sponsors, key stakeholders, executives, and other individuals or organisations involved with or affected by the project
· Proven experience working in a matrix environment, managing multiple stakeholders.
· Negotiation and conflict resolution capabilities
· Excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results through others who are not direct reports
· AWS Experience
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
· Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications.
· Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
· Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
· Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
· Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet